Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 lb line recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Gamma panfish line. I use the hi vis for everything except tying leaders and use Gamma edge for those.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stren original clear blue 4,6, or 8 . been using it for years . I do use p-line when jigging .

Post Thanks / Like

I have good luck with Sufix Elite high vis yellow. I usually cut off the first 1 to 2 feet every time I tied or retied with any line. Don't want to take a chance of losing a fish due to a nick/cut. The lighter the line, the more times I'll retied.
    Likes brettw LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Trilene XL is the only mono I buy anymore. Do have a big bulk spool of Offshore Angler Tightline in 6lb I use on trolling rods. But when thats gone back to Trilene XL on my trolling rods as well. Berkeley Vanish for flourocarbon line.

Post Thanks / Like

K9 fishing , 5 lb crappie braid,used it this year and will not be changing any time soon.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the years I've used several brands and styles of 4lb test lines, and am now using 6lb test copolymer (Vicious Panfish hi-vis). If I was to switch back to 4lb test, I'd start with Vicious !! If not satisfied with that, then I'd probably go back to my spool of Mr Crappie 4lb test (made in USA).
    Likes Fishn buddy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Gamma Poly flex. I use 4lb which has a break strength of 8.5lb and it's been very abrasion resistant for me. I believe they offer your money back if you don't like. I believe the knot I use is the San Diego jam, I'm not 100% on the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Concerning Fireline Crystal, on the 2 lb line does anyone know the true breaking strength?
    thanks
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I usually opt for 6lb over 4, but Stren, Trilene XL, and Suffix have been my go too lines for decades. I have landed a long of fish I should have broke off on each of them

Mayes

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have a clue which line's are the best. Line either breaks or doesn't for me. I generally buy Ande line because it's inexpensive. I don't buy the really cut rate line's figuring there's a reason they are as inexpensive as they are. If a well known brand name could be had for less than Ande, I'd probably get it or if no Ande is there I get the least expensive brand name stuff. I tried that Daiwa stuff when it first came out and the only line I formed an opinion about, hate it. Next guy probably love's it s where does that leave us knowing he's not as smart as me??? :-) I think in pretty much all outdoor activities people choose their champion for different reason's, most which don't hold water. Is a Remington really better than a Winchester? Is there rally a reel worth over $100? Only if the owner think's so.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast