HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oologah 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday went to Blue Creek fished Corp. of Engineer brush piles. Thanks to the Corp of Engineer people and their helpers for putting out the brush and giving me the waypoints. I thank the Oologah Corp. is the only one willing to do this for its fellow fishermen, to spend a day of their own time each year to help others this way.

First time on Oologah this year. Great to be out side but the fish were not having anything to do with minnows, jigs with minnows or jigs of different sizes, color or brand. Fished water 18' to 25'. echo's on bottom and up to 12' off bottom. I believe the keeper crappie have been harvested out this year. But someday somewhere someone will have a great day Crappie fishing.
    Thanks tles1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp today was 58. That's about all I can report that is of any value. Caught 6 small ones plus a good sized white bass and a drum. The fish I had been catching moved. I could find fish with the livescope but couldn't get them to eat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny
    Likes Crappie Reaper LIKED above post
    Thanks tles1, minnowtime, OlJim thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the timber on the north end and blanked yesterday. Found a few in 25 fow in Spencer Creek but for the most part they were reluctant to bite jigs or minnows. My slowest day in months unfortunately colncided with Fishbarns first day on oologah. We couldn’t even get the dinks to bite. Did catch a couple of good blues so Fishbarn didn’t go hungry. Picture is retro tho.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Redge, coyote, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post
    Thanks minnowtime thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A few pictures from this past July of some nice oologah walleye. I think we caught 9 over 6.5 lbs (a few trips) any of which I believe would have established new oologah lake records had we not been in such a hurry to get them home simmering in butter! There is nothing in the world that I prefer to eat and the big ones taste just as good as the smaller fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Likes IkenI, coyote, Blackdog40, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. Guess these are off topic but I figured we could use some filler for the fishermen while the rest of you guys are out filling your tags.
    Likes Redge, coyote LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's always great to see some Oklahoma walleyes, ciller!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Went fishing Friday Nov 8, 11am to 4pm Blue Creek area. water surface temp around 52. started dipping timber found nothing.
    moved to some corps brush piles in 10' to 14' found a few small 6" to 10" then moved to main lake points in 24' of water small sticks/ piles holding big crappie.
    ended cleaning 16 all over 12" and 1lb plus fish. would catch 2 or 3 and then look for the next little pile in 22' to 24' FTW.
    No Minnows just using jigs baby shad and beaver bottom. caught most on baby shad black and chartreuse.
    (Could not have done it without livescope. just FYI.)
    Thanks Crappie ciller, minnowtime thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

16 fish over 12” is a real good day in oologah ties. Thanks for sharing the specifics. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that goosegged on timber and skinny water.
    Likes coyote LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Live scope is not in my future so just turning a deaf ear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie ciller View Post
    Fished the timber on the north end and blanked yesterday. Found a few in 25 fow in Spencer Creek but for the most part they were reluctant to bite jigs or minnows. My slowest day in months unfortunately colncided with Fishbarns first day on oologah. We couldn’t even get the dinks to bite. Did catch a couple of good blues so Fishbarn didn’t go hungry. Picture is retro tho.
    I was happy with the day!! We got some crappie!! I had 7 to clean when I got home, plus we threw a few dinks back. I had a blast and thank you again for taking me Crappie Ciller!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes minnowtime, Lonnie84 LIKED above post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast