HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got a chance

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally got a chance

After a few weeks work and a couple of trips to the doctor, i got out in the new boat. The other woman went to a new home last Sunday and this one isn’t quite ready and rigged, but it worked OK just the same. Started out kinda bad. Dropped it off the trailer and parked, climbed in and hit the trim switch, nothing. Worked in the yard yesterday when I hooked up. Hit it again and smoke rolls out from under the cover. Perfect! Took off the cover and took a look to find the trim wires were old and the insulation, what was left of it, was crumbling or gone altogether. One strand of the 12/2 had been wrapped with electrical tape and not very well. The wire goes into the trim motor and that end isn’t accessible, but the strands were still solid. Cut the exposed wire to about 2” and began with shrink wrap and replaced it to the other end using waterproof connectors and adding liquid electric tape. Should do fine, works better now. But all that didn’t stop me from fishing. I pulled the two wires in opposite directions so they didn’t touch and off I went. It never got really busy but it was enough to keep me interested. Wound up catching between 25 and 30 with the better share being short and none of the keepers being over about 11 1/2. No bluegills either, a surprise in itself. Kept 8 for a friend at work who’s been after a few for about 3 years, figured it was time. Boat ran just fine, handling in the wind wasn’t too bad, and was home by noon. All in all a good trip with the one hiccup. All fixed now, baseplates for rod holders on the way and maybe a trolling trip next time out. Base mounts for the millennium seats I got for Christmas are also on the way, I could sure use someplace to sit when I’m fishing. All the little things are falling behind one by one and her dependability takes a step forward every time. Soon it will be all fishin and no fixin. Thanks for coming along.......Skeet
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Thanks Specklocker thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya got out and got ya a few. We heading back over east again next weekend.
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like you had a good trip ( after your slow start , glad it was something that you were able to fix )

another good day at the office !
    Thanks skeetbum, Anchor Man thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad trip worked, being handy sure makes hiccups dandy. Sounds like you're on the positive side of the used boat equation.
    u2s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks for checkin' on me! CURIOSITY takes me there, SUCCESS ushers me back!

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a productive day with a great attitude! Good job Tim!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to figure it out and the available stuff to get it fixed. slow start to an enjoyable day. Wont be long and it will be a dream...congrats on a nice ride and some keepers for a fellow at work...
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Good Report Skeet, enjoyed it. I can relate with the Dr appoint. Getting old aint for Sissies. Nice to see you caught a nice creel, make you forget about the boat fixes. Have a Crappie Day
    The CRAPPIESLAYER

Post Thanks / Like

Good day on the water Timbo. Caught fish, found and fixed some bugs with the boat. Good deal. Thanks for sharing.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I’m hoping the finding of bugs becomes a thing of the past soon. Seat bases and rod holder bases going in, just not much time. Hoping to go salty in my boat, instead of someone else’s boat, this weekend for the first time in like 15 years. Maybe I’ll sleep tomorrow night but I bet it isn’t much. Pics if I do good.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Redge, RobAnderson LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your back on the water Tim!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast