HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magbite McFly Vibration bait 3 gram.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magbite McFly Vibration bait 3 gram.

Many think the only lure I ever fish is the Trout Magnet.....and that is true 95 percent of the time. But I constantly try new micro baits. Most do not make the grade for me and thus they are resting on my shelves in the garage. I have tried quite a few micro plastics out of Japan.....but other than the Ring Kick Tail none have impressed me and I can’t recommend them. Fishing the Trout Magnet deep can take a lot of patience. A while back I ordered some Magbite McFly vibration baits out of Japan. Just this past week I was able to test them out....and today also. It is no surprise to me smallmouth and KY bass love these things. I am sure white bass will knock the fire out of them also. But my real question was “Will bluegill.....shellcracker like this bait”. The answer is an unequivocal yes! I fished Saturday with a nephew of mine....he is not a fan of bluegill. When I take someone fishing in my boat I want them to enjoy themselves. So I only spent about 5 minutes jigging this bait in a lay down in 25 feet of water. The bluegill killed it. We moved on and caught a ton of cookie cutter KY bass and I had a very nice smallmouth. The bait has a tight wobble and it does not take much to get it going. You can troll with it also at about 1 MPH it is vibrating.....as you might expect it is great at vertical jigging....and can also be used as cast and retrieve. I have fished blade baits in the past but since going UL it is rare for me to fish them. Plus they have treble hooks and I am not a fan of treble hooks. But the biggest issue with blade baits in the USA for me is the size. I fished this using the Finezza Prototype 6’ 10” UL using the Sunline BMS FC line in 3# test. I can’t recall the last time I’ve been this excited about a lure. Now I want all to know I’m not trying to push this bait. I’m just relaying my experience with it. They have one drawback....they are expensive. I initially ordered 6 off of eBay. Those cost 10 bucks a pop. Digitaka stocks them but they are out of stock. Last night I found some on Rakuten. The good thing was they were around 5 bucks each.....I ordered 21 of them....all the shop had. Center Hill can be a great bluegill lake. But it is very deep and depending on time of year the bluegill go deep. This bait will allow me to fish deep for bluegill in a manner I prefer. Typically in winter I will drift or drop shot a Trout Magnet tipped with a meal worm below the dam at Nickajack. I am pretty sure the Magbite will take the place of me using that technique. For me this lure is a keeper.....can’t say that with a lot of lures I’ve tried.

RegardsName:  IMG_0586.JPG
Views: 932
Size:  91.0 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Cricketcage, skeetbum, S10CHEVY, etexbasser LIKED above post
    Thanks svh thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool looking bait, maybe Digitaka will get them back in stock. The White Bass should eat them like candy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking bait. I don't like to use them much, but metal bodies do work on bream. I used to catch a lot of bluegill in 20 - 30 feet of water jigging a 1/8 oz. Kastmaster spoon and I can only imaging that with it's flat profile that Magbite McFly would be even better. Thank you for showing it to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking bait
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice looking bait Randy and the video looked like y’all had fun fishing it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

how are they for crappies
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. They look like good baits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    how are they for crappies
    I’ve caught crappie casting them. I am betting for vertical jigging crappie will kill it. I hope to try that theory out this week. I have a spot that I’m pretty sure crappie will be at and I’m going to vertical jig on them.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the alix link, Randy. Ordered some to try out.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta have a few, thanks for the report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast