Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkie sexy shad testing

Post Thanks / Like

years ago I went to a lake and found 2 guys hammering fish . both were using a Sexee shad in a tricolor and no one else was ketching near as many as they were including me . I went on to find out at that lake for whatever reason the crappie liked that bait more than anything else at first light in the winter time .
    I found out later that they went so far as to hit the local Walmart and hide the baits in other sections so they could go get more and not worry about running out of them . I was like you have to be kidding me ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, shortly after being released from the Army, I worked for a time at a Walmart in the Receiving Dept.. The person in Sporting Goods Dept. would purposely not put certain lures out, and hide them in the store room till payday, then when we left Friday morning he would be in the check-out line buying them when the store first opened the registers. the lures he was buying never hit the shelf....
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

the things some folks will do to ketch a crappie fish amazes me . sometimes I even look in the mirror and go what the heck mister are you crappie crazy or what
    Likes Redge, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tricolor...... i wonder what STS number that is ? smile

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    STS-1 is on the back of the box and i used it with 2 different jigheads , i used a single 1/32 number 4 ballhead on the dock and i used a tandem 1/24 ballhead number 4 out in the boat
    Also my main jigs and hook sizes. Bet those fish put a big bend in your rod !! Bass are nice - BIG crappie are so much better on a medium light action rod.
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

years ago I went to a lake and found 2 guys hammering fish . both were using a Sexee shad in a tricolor and no one else was ketching near as many as they were including me . I went on to find out at that lake for whatever reason the crappie liked that bait more than anything else at first light in the winter time .
    I found out later that they went so far as to hit the local Walmart and hide the baits in other sections so they could go get more and not worry about running out of them . I was like you have to be kidding me ….
    Folks will do strange things to keep you from catching "Their " fish
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluegillHunter View Post
    Tricolor...... i wonder what STS number that is ? smile
    i don't know as I don't have any of them , they are black on the back and red on the belly and have a chartreuse tail as I remember
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's #7 or #10 depending on the color of the red. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know as I don't have any of them , they are black on the back and red on the belly and have a chartreuse tail as I remember

I have a boatload of Sexy shads in that color. I bought them early spring when Walmart have their fishing clearance sale. I think I paid 25ct a pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Grainraiser..... What's the STS number on the back of the pack? Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast