HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radios & Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Radios & Fishing

When I go fishing, I go to enjoy the sport, listen to nature and "feel" the overall experience - QUIETLY. I find it very rude to have to listen to other boats playing who knows what kinds of music. Walt & I experienced this during our last trip. Fortunately, after an hour or so, his batteries must have died, because the "music" stopped.

Am I the crazy one for being agitated at having to listen to someone playing a radio while you are fishing and wanting to listen to "nature"? There's a time a place for everything. Fishing & radios do not mix - in my opinion.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel exactly the same way! All I want to hear is nature.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Post Thanks / Like

I figger if I hear another Boats Radio/boom box its too loud...same with Vehicles...
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-07-2019 at 03:19 PM.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even want any noise in my boat, a squeaking boat seat or someone slamming a cooler lid shut.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Crestliner08, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love to fish but have a full time job. I usually only get to fish 3 days a month. I also love college football. I have on rare occasion tuned into my football game or a college ws game while on the water as my only time for fishing was at the same time as a game. I think it’s about like crowding on spots. There is a level of etiquette and goodwill sportsmanship required

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Wireless headphones and ear buds. they can listen until thier hearts are content. Without anyone else having to hear a sound
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes scrat, Crestliner08, silverside, crappiemax LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll be the odd guy out here and say that he should be able to enjoy his outdoor experience the way he wants to, also. I do think it is rude to have it up so loud that people a half a lake away can hear it too, but if he wants some music (or a sporting event, whatever) playing quietly in his boat, he should be entitled. Provided it is played at an appropriate level, for his boat alone to enjoy, I say go for it.

With that said, MY preference is for solitude and hearing nothing but Nature, too!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes Redge, fiveeyes, RobAnderson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I actually kept a radio / CD player on my boat most of the time stored up front and occasionally I found myself wanting to hear some bluegrass or gospel music and or to listen to a Nascar race if it was a track that I cared anything about or a football game that cared anything about... but for the most part... I concur with most everyone else in being perfectly at peace listening to the sounds of nature. I too share in the hatred of summertime watercraft bringing all of the noises of modern civilization to the lakes, which is why I do very little fishing in the heat of summer.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

To each their own. I prefer peace and quiet myself. Especially spring when all the birds are courting and carrying on. Also listen for fish activity. What I don't understand is guys spending 50 grand + for a technical poking skiff and bragging about stealth and no hull slap and then showing off the sound system he put in boat for a couple grand.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Every person has access to the outdoors. You are entitled to your enjoyments, just as others are. This the land of freedom. May be that others passion is music, with outdoors as a dressing.

common courtesy should apply from all points of view. Many times one can hear conversation from boats quite a distance away.

If not enjoying, move.

Rights of ALL
    Likes fiveeyes LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast