HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishing the same spot over and over?

Post Thanks / Like

I hit a favorite spot and catch nothing, come back 2 hours later and catch slabs every drop. Happens with white bass, gills, etc. I don't give up and it's fun.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Bass View Post
    I’m not really worry about wearing out the spot and I know for certain that crappies would come back to this spot over and over all year round because of the shad, the wind, the depth of this lake (close to the deepest) and structure (rocks and docks) and most important this is area where two lakes connect with 3 medium size tunnels.
    My real question is “am I or are you gonna get tired of catching them from same area over and over and doesn’t seem like it challenge enough.
    I normally don’t keep any fish I caught, but I will make a few trips each year just for the fish that I would take home for my wife (catfish and crappie).
    Only you can answer the question of whether you will get tired of catching them in the same area. Personally I love catching crappie so I would never get tired of a spot that provided constant crappie catching. And like you I don't keep much of what I do catch.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

if the place where you fish does not have deep-slopeing banks , maybe you could use some chest-waders to allow more spots to fish .......i use some sometimes , where the bank has a gentle slope....
    Thanks Just_Bass thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you use waders be sure to use something to hold them closed at the top if you step in a hole. A young man drowned before his friends could help him when he stepped in a deep spot. Waders filled with water, always be careful and move slowly.
    Thanks Just_Bass thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    If you use waders be sure to use something to hold them closed at the top if you step in a hole. A young man drowned before his friends could help him when he stepped in a deep spot. Waders filled with water, always be careful and move slowly.
    This is pure myth that has been debunked by many. I have actually had my own waders fill up with water. It will not drag you down. You may weigh a ton but they ain’t gonna drown you. There are tons of videos on YouTube and plenty of articles that discuss this.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks Just_Bass, deathb4disco thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there so I can't argue the point but the young man drowned in his

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he was in running river? I’ve heard that wader is dangerous there.
    Anyway back to my topic, I felt like cheating and can’t 100% show off my catches. We all know the hardest part in crappie fishing is to locate them, after that it’s just a piece of crappie nugget as long as I have the right equipments. Maybe next time I’ll get my float tube out and float right in front of them for a change.

silverside is online now Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    A wise man once said that you don't leave fish to find fish.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    That's funny... I don't remember saying that. Fishing the same spot over and over?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

There's a shallow bar that runs near the mouth of a deep cove by the main basin in one of the lakes I regularly fish that always has fish on or around it. i consistently catch the biggest fish off the end of that bar all year, except when they're spawning. I'm always looking for similar structure on other lakes in hopes they might pay off the same way.

Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123