HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHINDIG GIVEAWAYS

Post Thanks / Like

Default SHINDIG GIVEAWAYS

I have talked with the store manager as well as the Human Resources lady at our local Cabellas. As always, Eric and Sharon, are willing to to donate. They told me that their corporate office is requiring a flyer showing dates and locations for our event in order for them to donate this year. In the past, they’ve always taken me at my word and donated items, and this is being required by corporate, not them. So if anything is printed up to put in local stores around Benton area, please post a picture of it so I can pass it along. It might also be used by others to hit up their local sporting good stores for donations. Thanks for anything you can come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Russ, I know of no such item having been printed in the past. I do know if we advertised the event locally we would be feeding 500 who cared nothing about Crappie.com.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes slabseeker1, Pappyt, "G", GREENFISH, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say go ahead and make one, might take 20 minutes. Whether you print out and distribute in a bunch of places is up to you, but you can send at least one to Cabelas as requested. Facebook and forums like this are best to reach audiences now, the days of the printed flyer are pretty well over.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Would something like this work? I've never been, but from what I've read this sounds about right? Need to add contact info accordingly....

Name:  Crappie.com Fall Shindig.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  68.6 KB
    Thanks slabseeker1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Would something like this work? I've never been, but from what I've read this sounds about right? Need to add contact info accordingly....

Name:  Crappie.com Fall Shindig.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  68.6 KB
    Looks perfect especially with their name.

ThanksSHINDIG GIVEAWAYS

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Art, I know you haven’t been to our event and didn’t mean anything by it but I don’t sponsor the event any more than anybody else. We have been fortunate to have a great group of folks who all go together to make it happen with nobody getting any more credit than the next guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes wannabe fisherman, dallman, GREENFISH LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post
    Art, I know you haven’t been to our event and didn’t mean anything by it but I don’t sponsor the event any more than anybody else. We have been fortunate to have a great group of folks who all go together to make it happen with nobody getting any more credit than the next guy.

No problem, just a rough draft I threw together to help slabseeker1 with an idea of what Cabela's might be looking for, I used to deal with the people at Bass Pro on giveaways and a request for a flyer was common so they could send it to corporate to verify that it was a worthy and non-discriminating cause to donate to.

I think it would be a good idea for a flyer be put together anyways, with the correct sponsors and information, so it can be distributed on here, and Facebook, and elsewhere to get the word out. That's a good weekend to have it, as deer rifle season hasn't opened yet, and there are probably quite a few people that would attend something like that if they knew about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post

M R Dux, I don't think anyone would mind this after all you do for us. Besides it could get us more door prizes to give out.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I had to do the same for a tournament I hosted years ago. I told them the flyer was being distributed out to "X" number of members. It was a "Digital" flyer that got posted on the club FB page. I just emailed them a copy.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctf58 View Post
    I had to do the same for a tournament I hosted years ago. I told them the flyer was being distributed out to "X" number of members. It was a "Digital" flyer that got posted on the club FB page. I just emailed them a copy.
    I pretty much did the same with a certain brand of plastics .... but, it appears that wasn't good enough. Even after emailing them copies/links of my Spring Fling introduction post, and explaining that the event was not for the public at large, but for members & their fishing partners/guests (therefore flyers were not necessary) ... I still did not, and have not received product in either attempt over the last two years. I don't fault the person I dealt with by email, as I'm sure she was only following corporate protocol. As it was, most of the soft plastics we had as prizes came from the sponsors of some of our members that fish tournament trails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast