Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truck opinions

I know this is going to open a can of worms but, I would your opinion because I'm looking to get a used truck, 2013 on up. I've dealt with gmc as far as SUVs but not trucks.

So what's your option on the better all around truck? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J737T using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

The best is one that’s paid for. Trucks are crazy expensive now. I don’t think I would want one that wasn’t 4 wheel drive.
    Likes Dutchman, shipahoy41, alexava LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe...The best one is the one you like and can afford. Thats why they make different kinds. Myself...I like GMC
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes BAMA S, crp4570, Dutchman, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Toyota tundra. Tough as they come. Have had them for several years. Fuel mileage is not as good as gm but no break downs only routine maint. and I pull a trailer 7 months out of the year.
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always preferred Chevy's or GMC. They seem to get the best mileage and I have not had many break downs. I have always worked as a mechanic so I done my own maintenance and repair work.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love my chevy! Its mine its paid for and it runs and drives great! But the company i work for provides a company truck Ford F150 XLT. They are very nice trucks and have been very good trucks. Only thing im not crazy about is this auto shut off thing that when you stop at a red light it shuts off the truck, release the brake it starts and takes off! its kinda wierd, i think it would cause issues with the starters after a couple years. But the push of a button and its turned off. If i were to go out and buy a brand new one i would be looking at a Toyota Tacoma, biggest reason is I have always wanted one nothing else haha
    Likes Damion Kidd, rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Joe...The best one is the one you like and can afford. Thats why they make different kinds. Myself...I like GMC
    What “G” said.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For what they wanted for a 5-6 year old used one I put 10k more with it and got a new one with the warranty ! And of course I’m a little fellow I haven’t rode in any of them that has as much the room as my F 150 crew does ! And it rides great . gets about 21-22 mpg on flat country 14-15 pulling boat 17-18 in the hills . And a4x4 is a must if you pull a boat and put in many steep slick places ! Good luck on what ever you end up getting ! And they good erns and bad erns n em all!
    Likes "G", ford man, Redge, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When I back Mitch's boat in the water I feel like a 6 year old kid sitting in their dads truck. My feet like a foot reaching the pedals! LOL

Joe, I don't like any of the new trucks. They've all got too much "improve my fuel mileage" stuff on them. I've got a GMC and for driveability and comfort it would be hard to beat, but it runs on 8 cylinders and 4 cylinders. I can't tell it in the summer, but you can feel swap from one to the other it in the winter. I'm not a Dodge fan but my brother just got a new 1/2 ton and the interior on the 20's is incredible. They might have improved them before that, I don't know.
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies. We shall see says the blind man.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Love, what more can I say

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast