HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you realize you’re getting old!

Post Thanks / Like

Default When you realize you’re getting old!

Today it hit 96 degrees below the dam at Nickajack. For the first time in my life the heat got to me and sent me home. I had been fishing for about 2 hours and it had been slow...then I found them. But after catching about a dozen....mostly KY bass....I couldn’t take it anymore. All fish caught on Fine Tail Banshee Super Ultra Light 6 foot rod using a Sow Bug colored Trout Magnet on a 2 gram Daiwa Gekkabijin jig head with # 6 hook. The fish were at 16 feet holding tight to cover. Going to try again tomorrow...hoping to get there as early as possible.

Regards

Name:  IMG_0507.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  73.6 KBName:  IMG_0508.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  88.3 KBName:  IMG_0509.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  55.2 KBName:  IMG_0510.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  46.8 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish, a mixed bag. You seem to be using the 6ft SUL a lot these days, bet those KY bass test its limits. Be careful in the heat, it will get you before you realize what is happening. I try to start drinking water early in the morning or in the afternoon at work before I head to the lake.
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We been hitting the Stripers hard on my home lake but thank goodness we usually are done by 9 o'clock. It's as hot in central SC as hades. Our heat index is forecast at 105 most of next week. Real temp of high 90s and humidity in the 80s and no rain. Be careful in this heat. I started wearing long sleeves, fishing gloves and a hat with a cape on the back. I look like an Arab going across the lake.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Today it hit 96 degrees below the dam at Nickajack. For the first time in my life the heat got to me and sent me home. I had been fishing for about 2 hours and it had been slow...then I found them. But after catching about a dozen....mostly KY bass....I couldn’t take it anymore. All fish caught on Fine Tail Banshee Super Ultra Light 6 foot rod using a Sow Bug colored Trout Magnet on a 2 gram Daiwa Gekkabijin jig head with # 6 hook. The fish were at 16 feet holding tight to cover. Going to try again tomorrow...hoping to get there as early as possible.

Regards

Name:  IMG_0507.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  73.6 KBName:  IMG_0508.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  88.3 KBName:  IMG_0509.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  55.2 KBName:  IMG_0510.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  46.8 KB

Maybe a Bimini cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Nice looking fish, a mixed bag. You seem to be using the 6ft SUL a lot these days, bet those KY bass test its limits. Be careful in the heat, it will get you before you realize what is happening. I try to start drinking water early in the morning or in the afternoon at work before I head to the lake.
    Thanks. Yeah my 21 years in Saudi taught me all about the heat I ever wanted to know.....or didn’t want to know....LOL. Used to rise at 4:30 in the morning to start taking in water before hitting the missile sites at 7:00 a.m. working in the heat all day. Never have been bothered by it until today.....of course some of that could be fatigue from the hip replacement. I was on the bluegill and crappie with the SUL and the KY bass showed up. Was going to switch over to the 6’ 7” Banshee but to tell you the truth was too pooped to get up and get it out of the rod rack. The SUL is a lot of fun but with the butt only being about 7mm it’s not a rod you want to be using on KY bass. I’ve even had trouble turning 16 inch crappie with it. After using the SUL so much you really notice the difference a large butt comes into play with the other JDM UL rods I have.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redfin00 View Post
    Maybe a Bimini cover?
    I have one but it gets in the way. But I have used it before keeping it down while fishing, and putting it up to take a break. Those 20 minute breaks under it do help.

Regards

Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That 6ft Banshee seems to be your go to rod about 75% of the time. Nice trip! Be safe!

Post Thanks / Like

This might make it BEARable....IcyBreeze Cooler Chill Package..... at a cost /or inguneer yo own at home in ac while its too hot to be outside

So glad you'r back stay cool...

Its been hoverin around 100 deg and heat index 110 here for says and a few more to come here on tx coast

Post Thanks / Like

Default When you realize you’re getting old!

Hey Randy, be thankful you're still in the "getting old" category. lol. I'm already old.
    Good to hear you're back at em.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are out and about. I can't stand the heat anymore, that's why I enjoy reading the posts. Beware, fall is coming, and I will be at it till next summer. Congrats on a great trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast