Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting exchange with Lowrance

Post Thanks / Like

I only switched from HB to Lowrance because my buddy had one and it was dialed in like the pretty screen shots you see posted on here here. I have a 3.5" Humminbird with GPS that I bought back when this technology first came out. Back then it costs a much as a 7" today. I've held on to it mainly because it's not worth anything today but guess what? It still works perfectly. It takes a chip card and if you can read it, 3.5" remember, it is dead on and crystal clear. I had a HB Helix on my last boat but I let it go and went with the Lowrance. Oh well, live and learn, die and forget it all.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you have any interest but I have a HDS Gen 3, 9" that I have been thinking of selling. I upgraded a while back to the newer HDS Live units and held onto that Gen3 because it worked so well. But the Lives have been flawless so I don't really need the Gen 3. I was thinking $800 if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar experience with Lowrance 10-12 years ago on a 14 month old unit. They wanted me to pay the cost of possibly fixing the unit up front before they would even look at it. Haven't bought a Lowrance unit since then, and don't have any plans to right now.
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-Town Crappie King View Post
    I had a similar experience with Lowrance 10-12 years ago on a 14 month old unit. They wanted me to pay the cost of possibly fixing the unit up front before they would even look at it. Haven't bought a Lowrance unit since then, and don't have any plans to right now.
    So what are you running....HB?!?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    The power button stopped working on my HDS7 Touchscreen. I can turn it on and off by plugging in or disconnecting the power cabel so the unit seems fine except for the button.
    I called Lowrance Tech Support and I had a true test of my patience today. I was on the phone, mostly on hold, for 63 minutes. The lady was trying to be helpful but she has a script to follow and it was madding. I was instructed at least 3 times to turn the unit on using the power button. THE POWER BUTTON IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!
    We finally got through all the various questions and 10 minute holds and came to the conclusion that....drum roll please.....I need to send it in for further testing.
    Now here is the kicker. I was asked to prepay a fee of $375 plus shipping and testing for a total of $425. If it cost less than that they would credit the difference back to my card less the $49 bench testing and $30 shipping to send it back to me.
    After careful consideration, I will continue just plugging it in when I get to the lake and unplugging when I leave.
    I would have had no problem prepaying the $49 for the bench test and based on what they found paying for the repair or just paying to have it shipped back to me. I think it is a simple fix to just the power button but I seriously doubt I would ever have gotten any of the $425 back.
    What they basically were doing was charging me for a rebuilt unit just like mine, then repairing mine for the next guy.
    This has placed a serious cloud over me ever buying another Lowrance unit.
    Le tme share the other side of the coin from a competitor. After the ACT at Ross Barnett my almost 2 year old Helix chirp 12 died, I called Humminbird. Shipped back with receipt to show it was less than 2 year old and under warranty. They could not fix mine so they sent me a Gen3 Mega 12, transducer and all. Same week, same company under different name. My Minn Kota 460 charger had died while at ACT too. While on the phone with Humminbird they game me Minn Kotas number, I call and explain the problem. They say send it in, my response was how long will this take, my boat is tore apart to get the charger wires aloose. Their response was, we will email you a shipping label, as soon as the old one is scanned as returned a new one will be on the way.
    I am forever a Humminbird and Minn Kota man! Customer service is where return business comes from, I do not use a certain rod company because of the lack of it.
    Hope it works our SeaRay, sure is a pain to spend the money we do on stuff and it not work right.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 91tiger View Post
    Don't know if you have any interest but I have a HDS Gen 3, 9" that I have been thinking of selling. I upgraded a while back to the newer HDS Live units and held onto that Gen3 because it worked so well. But the Lives have been flawless so I don't really need the Gen 3. I was thinking $800 if you are interested.
    Thanks but when this thing finally gives up the ghost I will probably go a different route.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes 91tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well. I just think you’re a tightwad!!! Interesting exchange with LowranceInteresting exchange with Lowrance
    Seriously though, that’s not right

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from Lowrance, I learned that years ago. Sorry for your problems.
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    So what are you running....HB?!?
    Yes been running HB since then

Post Thanks / Like

Low-Rents have treated me right for years now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    G3PO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast