Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best jig heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best jig heads

who sells these best jigs heads. i know we all have preference .but i have allways used mr crappie ball heads. and was wondering was the ones with like a minnow head were better .please give input appreciated

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am way more choosey on the hook than anything else. I would say grab a pack and fish on.

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Crappiebrad LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Gamakatsu 211 in 1/16th or 1/8th. Sharpest hook around and holds plastics perfectly level with a loop knot. Do not think the crappie cares what the head looks like.
    https://www.gamakatsu.com/wp-content...ound_211-1.png

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the jig heads with the sharpest hook on the planet try some Daiwa Gekkabijin Light Salt Water Jig heads out of Japan. It is no exaggeration when I tell you they are as sharp as a hypodermic needle.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

the sickle hooks are probably the best hooks I have used personally , as far as minnow heads be careful what you wish for ,they have a tendency to swim into spots where they don't come back just like the real thing
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    the sickle hooks are probably the best hooks I have used personally , as far as minnow heads be careful what you wish for ,they have a tendency to swim into spots where they don't come back just like the real thing
    Wow....that's funny.....I'm just the opposite on the sickles. I HATE them! Very difficult to line up a plastic properly with those. Maybe it's just my old eyes, but they sure don't work for me!

As far as jig heads go, it's the bait you have on the jigs that causes fish to strike, not the piece of lead you're using to get it down to them (IMO). For over 60 years I've used plain ole ball heads with Mustad hooks. No problems, no worries.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes trypman1, Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

the sickles are really sharp and I think might get more fish to the hand because of the odd bend in them .
    but none the less if someone wants a minnow head crazy angler makes a real nice modified walleye sickle hook version that is a great jighead to modify with some 3 d eyes and a paint job .
    but once again I wouldn't use a good minnow head near heavy brush much as they tend to dart like real minnows for sure .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered some of those crazy angler walleye jigs last week. I had to email them to get 3d eye size for them. Hearing they dart like real minnows sounds good to me and how I fish!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used ball heads my whole life, I do believe some colored heads help on certain days, Blaze orange I my favorite. White is also good. I love Mustad hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the proper colored head for the plastic used. But mostly I just use a plain unpainted jig head. Seem's to me one really works as well as the other! I even toss around the idea of painting the heads the proper color's but then again, plain lead still works! It's a human thing I think!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast