HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing and the Wife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing and the Wife

So, a friend named Dan, that I went to elementary and high school with, wrote this on facebook and I thought... well that pretty much sums up a compromising marriage for a fisherman. Figured I'd share it with some folks that could appreciate it more than the average guy. lol

Ladies, do you have a significant other that has a fishing problem? I will let you in on a little secret that is key to a happy marriage or relationship.
    Rebecca buys Shoes and “Outfits”. I still don’t know what an “outfit” technically means but I think it has something to do with clothing that matches. So when I walk into a Bass Pro Shop, I also buy an “Outfit”, which usually consists of fishing gear that will help me catch more fish in my mind, that I probably don’t need just like the umpteen extra pairs of shoes she has that she wears every Six months or so.
    I don’t ask her if I can go fishing, and I don’t tell her I’m going fishing. I simply “suggest” I will be gone on a certain day for x amount of hours Fishing which usually consists of at least every other day for x amount of God knows how many hours.
    I have never heard a single complaint in 24 years of marriage, even when I am up at 4am waking the dead trying to get my crap together unassuming she is awake. As I am stumbling out the door I hear the best words a man can hear. It’s not “I love you” because I know that goes without saying. It’s “Good luck.”
    Please embrace the Mistress named fishing that some Men have. It could be misconstrued as an addiction , or the freedom could be considered a cornerstone of a happy and stable relationship.
    I don’t do Golf, I don’t go out drinking with the Guys, I get up at 4am with the hopes I catch something. More often than not I waste countless amounts of money on fishing gear I don’t need and don’t catch anything , but I come home knowing I’ve already caught the best catch in the Sea.
    Thanks "D", bflowers thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Great explanation. I just wish I could get her to go more often.
    You know me, I'm always ready for a road trip. Chip Newest member of Traveling Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Great perspective......."With age, comes wisdom"......
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER
    Likes bflowers LIKED above post