Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous describes it well

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ridiculous describes it well

There is a ridiculous amount of hogs on our place right now . New ones showing up weekly . I guess I will need some help fixing the problem soon as we cant kill and eat near enough of the darn things and they are making more little pigs fast as can be
    I was warned there was pretty heavy hog problem in that part of the world last year by the game warden and to be sure I think he is spot on .
    I think most of the hogs in the county are visiting our place from what I can see on the camera photos .
    heck one momma has 8 lilz and brings them right at dark every night to sleep and eat while she eats ….
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, Redge, redfin00, BigDawgg, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to offer up some summer bowhunting on your place to a few hundred people.
    Likes Redge, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Piglets + smoker = good eats! I think you need to invite Mullet Man, Lunkers TV and the Lake Fork Guy (YouTubers from Texas) along with some of their friends to help you with that hog problem. Would make a great episode on their respective channels.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Most people when they first get hogs on their property, they think they are fun to have- targets, food..ect.., but later they hate them, because they eat up all and food and run off all the other game. That's the reason I mentioned to you to get rid of as many as you could early on. I hate it for your new property. Kill them in daylight, kill them at night, use dogs. KILL THEM ALL!!!!!
    Likes RobAnderson, specktacklure, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest a utube search for "Jager Pro Hog Traps". They catch the hole sounder, we contacted a trapper and he came out and set up in 3 different location at different times. It slows down the population.
    You know me, I'm always ready for a road trip. Chip Newest member of Traveling Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

A bunch of bacon!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nightmare might be a better word . We are starting to see them on our property as well .

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the state couldn't simply trap enmasse and take them to slaughter and use the meat in prison's, charity or whatever. Seem's to me it would be a good resource. Maybe even to low income people.

Post Thanks / Like

there is a guy near us that buys live ones and I hear they are used for dog food .
    but I think I might be needing some help to remove them for sure at this point unless I just want to kill and eat wild hog
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Time to build a corral trap or 2 .
    You can catch the most this time of year
    They are hungry and bold this time of year.
    I build my traps like a fish trap. A long funnel to allow them to keep going in

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast