HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a few

After my Queens yard sale yesterday I was beat. After rehydrating and finishing up best we could, and a 2 hr nap, I decided to hook up and get ready to try my newly tied jigs in the morning. Still didn’t feel energetic in the morning but got dropped in about 6:30. Drove to a place that works well in the cold months and I haven’t tried for a while. So much for that. 4 shorts and time gone past, I fired up and went back to my normal starting point.

Low and behold, another boat already there. Went a little further along and got started. Turned out to be a good move and found a few fish. A few really nice by my standards, but there was better news within all of this. My hand ties were all I was using today and they performed very well. What they didn’t do was stay out of the grabby stuff and I left two of the best ones behind on broken lines, couldn’t be found. The short olive and fl yellow did very well, and the olive white was a very close second. The bigger black and chartreuse with the #6 hook got hit but didn’t generate any fish. Today was also not a stellar day for testing but you get what you get. I know what I need to tie more of. I also started with just the jig, and with the fish being stingy today, I added a shot of Slab Sauce and it made a good difference. Got more hits and a few smaller fish that were hit and spitting. Good stuff. The hits slowed and the heat got up and then the hunger started talking and it was time to go, after a howdy and one of Jim’s wife’s snacks. Yummy!
    Name:  96817551-F664-4285-B21B-D60EA4792AAC.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  102.5 KB
    Name:  D26C6391-3895-49EC-A0ED-1679F01AEF64.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  95.8 KB
    It wasn’t all fish today, like many days. I no more than stepped out of the truck and I heard a screech, then another close by. Two owls were stationed by the ramp, hanging out and doing owl stuff. Couple of pics and back to business. Lots of lizards, some big, were out in force. Lots of birds, heard Turkeys, saw pileated woodpeckers hard at it, saw an Osprey having breakfast. A man could live very well on the squirrels alone back in there. I see this one bird all the time and don’t know what he, or his cousins are. I like them because they’re fishermen and it tells me there’s fish around if they’re close by. Name:  98B1B9B6-4141-4E37-A25A-20C4BBE9EF6E.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  95.6 KB

All my fish still swim, as they most always do. They have made my day by bending my rod, and I prefer to leave them behind to insure a better trip next time. Today I had a couple that stopped the rod and gave me no chance to control them for a time after hookset. These are what keep me coming back. Didn’t have a ton of fish like some trips lately, but it was enough to make me happy and test the jigs. Hope to get out this weekend, and get some bench time during the week. Hope it’s been a good weekend and you got your rods bent. See you soon.......Skeet
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Love those redear.... nice copperhead..... owls are cool birds.....
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great Tim, chunks for sure, liked that brown/yellow jig (kip?) nice symmetry.
    u2s

Post Thanks / Like

some nice looking slabs that you got. It was a nice day to be on the water. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

another good day at the office !

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and fish Tim. You see more owls than most. I have only seen a couple during the day. I hear them at night frequently but rarely see them. That fish eating bird looks like a Green Heron (formerly Greenback Heron).

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Matt, that’s exactly what it is. After you gave me the name I hit google and saw the pics of about every pose that I’ve ever seen them in. They’re animated little jokers, fun to watch.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish, and fun. Bird pics are cool too. Bet it is hot down there now, pretty toasty up north of you in the hills of TN.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Great morning for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app