Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Laker View Post
    Who else likes to night fish for Crappie?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I only fish at night, for several reasons. The temperature, the wind and a lot better quality bite due to my lake being so clear

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobAnderson View Post
    I only fish at night, for several reasons. The temperature, the wind and a lot better quality bite due to my lake being so clear

What kind of lights do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll chime in but no crappie expert here. At night I push 4 poles off the front, 2 each side. 1 on each side a jig and the other each side a minner. I slow way down like .5 or .6. Rely heavily on my electronics to keep in tune with what and where the fish are doing. I have a 4 foot light for the back of the boat and that’s all I run, shined over my shoulders perfect can see entire rods not just the tips. I have caught many quality fish at night since the rain has gone and temps went up.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes Nutbush LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbush View Post
    What kind of lights do you use?

My boat is set up with 3 household halogen spotlights on each side run by my Honda 2200 generator. Keeps the batteries charged and powers the lights

Likes Nutbush LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sourmash View Post
    I’ll chime in but no crappie expert here. At night I push 4 poles off the front, 2 each side. 1 on each side a jig and the other each side a minner. I slow way down like .5 or .6. Rely heavily on my electronics to keep in tune with what and where the fish are doing. I have a 4 foot light for the back of the boat and that’s all I run, shined over my shoulders perfect can see entire rods not just the tips. I have caught many quality fish at night since the rain has gone and temps went up.

I never thought about that! Great idea!! How many batteries do you have hooked up that light?

Post Thanks / Like

Everyplace is different, but here in central Florida, I anchor over deep grass year round and fish with between 8 and 12 crappie poles at different depths with live minnows. That is where the halogen lights come in by drawing in the bait fish. Once I find the depth they are hitting the most, I will adjust the bobbers on the other rods

Post Thanks / Like

I just run the standard 12 volt battery that powers the back light. Electronics on a battery by themselves. I haven’t anchored to fish in many moons. I get bored quick. If I keep trolling and pushin I can fish forever. I have done very well the last 2 weeks at Tville at night. Quality fish.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I just run the standard 12 volt battery that powers the back light. Electronics on a battery by themselves. I haven’t anchored to fish in many moons. I get bored quick. If I keep trolling and pushin I can fish forever. I have done very well the last 2 weeks at Tville at night. Quality fish.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    So your catching them suspended, Not targeting brush piles or anything? Also No light in or on the water? I plan to go out tonight and have always tied up and fished one spot but like you I get bored.

Post Thanks / Like

The only change I make between fishing dark or fishing daylight is my speed. I push jigs and minners either way. I target an “area “. I know everything about that area that I have chosen. If I find fish holding on something as I go along I just circle back thru it. May do that for hours or maybe just once. If your running electronics let that give you the depth you need to fish. I don’t use lights in the water. But, you can use the same approach bobber fishing just use trolling motor instead of anchor. Safety is the main focus fishing at night so we should always know the lake and know the area I fished ky lake 2 nights last week and there were enough boats overnight to hold a regatta. You just have to slow down and approach things a little different after dark. I never caught the first crappie last week until after 11. So be prepared to wait it out a little while. If you go I wish you luck. What lake you gonna try.

Likes RobAnderson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Upper Tville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast