Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally Familiar Waters!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally Familiar Waters!

As most of you regulars know; I have a camp on the Saline/Larto complex. Unfortunately due to high water, I have not been able to drive to my camp since January 2nd. The water got so high at one point that I ended up with about 2 feet of water inside. Due to these circumstances, I have spent zero time on my home turf, and have been branching out fishing unfamiliar waters with some success. However, there’s no place like home.

Well I finally got a chance to go home. I attended an event this past weekend at the beautiful Honey Brake Lodge on Larto. All I can say about that place is WOW! I was there helping out with a fundraising event a did not think I would get a chance to fish due to being too busy. We got there Friday and began getting ready for the event that took place on Saturday. The event filled my time on Saturday, so I figured my chance to fish was over. Well Sunday morning arrived and I had a few hours before I had to leave. Got 2 hours of alone time and it didn’t disappoint. Picked up 18 using a single pole with a single dark green flake and chartreuse tube jig. Boy did it feel great to finally fish familiar waters, even though it was short lived.

Good news is the water is finally falling and it looks like the roads may open very soon. Once they do, I can start clean up and maybe get some trips in before hunting season.Name:  661A1FCA-C51D-4CDD-B048-13B6FDC6BD14.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  78.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful fish. I'm glad you got some "up" time.

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch! Glad yall can get back to where you love to be and catching fish like that will make the cleanup that much less painstaking
    *Mike*

MATTHEW 7:13-14

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

There’s no place like home!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes escout LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Glad you got to go! I am humbled, but determined to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s no place like home Finally Familiar Waters!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

The level for Larto today is 44.53 with the water falling about a foot a week. The road from Vick through the bean field road is now open again. There is still water in the parking lot at Youngblood landing.
    You know me, I'm always ready for a road trip. Chip Newest member of Traveling Team Overalls
    Likes cajun LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skippa Chippa View Post
    The level for Larto today is 44.53 with the water falling about a foot a week. The road from Vick through the bean field road is now open again. There is still water in the parking lot at Youngblood landing.
    Can't wait. Benchmark for them to open hunt road on the Saline side is 43, so we are almost there.
    Jonathon
    Likes Skippa Chippa LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Was wondering if anyone knew what's up with the gauge readings? Rivergages.com and the National Weather Service websites show 2 different readings for Larto. The difference is about a 1/2 foot.
    Jonathon