Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/64 number 10 no float

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1/64 number 10 no float

with lil bitty strips a weenies on the jig and pitched to the rocks and REAL slowly drug back .
    was about as good as it could ever get for 6 to 7 inch eater size bluegill 7 3 19
    used a white jig head and a blue head jig and it didn't make any difference on the color .
    took a load of boo to the lake and managed a few bass and crappie , but the bluegill were pesky as heck .
    so I thought let me just give them some of the ole who to stay away from when I am crappie jigging lessons.
    the trigger mechanism was the little bitty foul hooked bugger in the last photo...
    I said that's enough of you lil pecking devils by golly
    50 or 60 later I said enough and they just didn't get the message at all .
    I just got bored ketchn them and hungry for dinner .
    and one of the darn bass bent my hook on my SK hand tie as well darnit
    thanks again Ed for the invite and the half a weenie , wish you and the guys were there with me , it was kinda lonely
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Great show!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have a co worker who swears by hot dogs for Gill fishing. Maybe the wiener companies should make nibbles for Panfish? Anyway, good catch sir, maybe they got the message!

Post Thanks / Like

I used pieces of hot dog and bread for bait all the time when I was a kid. It works!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

that sure is a great way to get tiered out. thanks for sharing with us.

another good day at the office !

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read. My brother swore by the cheapest chicken dogs, he used them once for catfish. Never did better on any other bait. Never crossed my mind to use slices or pieces like a nibble. Good idea.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

if you let the weenie get a little dry and the skin toughen up a bit and cut it in quarter thick pcs. and then run the hook thru the skin a few times with some of the inner meat still on the skin its pretty darn deadly bait for bluegills yawl .
    cut the little rounds in half moons and use about that whole half quarter pc. you should be able to ketch some sunfish .
    or you can also sort of cut it in 4 pie shaped pcs out of said quarter slice.
    I am amazed myself and have used about all kinds of things but just this year have found out how well cheap hotdogs work for bluegill.
    they stay alive in the heat real well and so far cant be beat in my book . its my new favorite sunfish bait for sure .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Lookn4slabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    if you let the weenie get a little dry and the skin toughen up a bit and cut it in quarter thick pcs. and then run the hook thru the skin a few times with some of the inner meat still on the skin its pretty darn deadly bait for bluegills yawl .
    cut the little rounds in half moons and use about that whole half quarter pc. you should be able to ketch some sunfish .
    or you can also sort of cut it in 4 pie shaped pcs out of said quarter slice.
    I am amazed myself and have used about all kinds of things but just this year have found out how well cheap hotdogs work for bluegill.
    they stay alive in the heat real well and so far cant be beat in my book . its my new favorite sunfish bait for sure .
    Gonna give them a try tomorrow, I cut them up in small pieces and salted them to pull some of the water out, and make them a little tougher.

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    I have a co worker who swears by hot dogs for Gill fishing. Maybe the wiener companies should make nibbles for Panfish? Anyway, good catch sir, maybe they got the message!
    I've used hot dogs for years. And believe it or not, crappie and bass also hit on pieces of hot dogs. But my favorite use of a hot dog is inside a bun, with mustard, onions, cheese and chili on it.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.
    Likes Jamesdean, Redge, Mr. S LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast