Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Fun in the Big Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Fun in the Big Sun

I was going to go solo hunt my place in the country , we are over run with hogs to beat he band . But I overslept and said to myself darnit when I woke up about 30 minutes to late to go .
    So I just woke up the house and said lets take a ride . To be sure it was super sunny and a bit warm outside ,but tolerable to some degree .
    I don't know why for sure but it was a summer day wildlife activity day on steroids type of visit . We headed out to the place to refresh camera cards and check out things and found turtles ,deer, hogs , snakes , turkey, crappie all in abundance on the trip .
    The wild crew in some spots were rather photogenic and then there were some that just were flat camera shy and or upset about the intrusion .
    I would go into some of what some wildlife did to try to scare me from a close encounter ,but to be sure I aint easily deterred when on a mission .
    Had to boot pin the rat snake for a photo as he was a fast puppy and the bull snake took him a strike at me as well and of the 2 I didn't want a bull snake bite so I neglected the boot pin on the larger bull snake . I thought about it and said to myself you know ketchn ….
    if you pin him at that length its likely he will sink them big ole bull snake teeth in somewhere above the knee …..
    The road crew about mowed a turkey nest down ,but she was super vigilant and laying flat as a pancake on it right by the fence row until I disturbed her .
    The does and fawns were all over the place as well .
    The hogs were all over the cameras and the turtle was in the road .And now ….
    lets move on to the herd of slabs under the fishing dock with not a soul for as far around as the eye could see at high noon
    wife and kiddo stayed in the ac for an hour ,wife was sewing and kiddo was on the ipad in the truck while I put my special set of skills on them fisheez ...lol
    seemed to like the white pink handtie best ,wanted a small bait or no bite . was really fun getting bit over and over and got my line broke by one as well .
    most of them were around 12 foot deep in 14 to 16 foot of water and you had to have your game on as it was a mix of all kinds of takes .
    so below are photos from said country time visit and to be sure is was …
    and that's my story and I am sticking to it ….
    Big Fun in the Big Sun
    stay tuned and have a great week
    p.s. all wildlife, fish included were released
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Always enjoy your post and adventures. Having fun in the sun, what a great way to spend a day. Love the fish pics. Plenty of hogs waiting for another day.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Zman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A very interesting story,and great information,and pictures also,nice catch Big Fun in the Big Sun

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I could use a day like that....minus the snakes!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked all of your pics except for then snakes. They would have been shovel heads for sure. Nice slabs for sure. What a great day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

very nice day

Post Thanks / Like

wow crazy and adventurous day!!

Post Thanks / Like

always a great day to take a ride to your country spot and dragging the fam along. but when in doubt you do what we do and had to get to that dock to feel the thump!

Post Thanks / Like

Look like a fun day..... I'll bet that snake woulda been in a couple pieces if'n I'da encountered it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Those hogs make me want to make lots of hot gut (sausage).

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast