Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Livescope???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livescope???

For you guys that have Live Scope how much do you have in your entire setup, what size depth finder/which one do you have and can transducer be mounted on a Motorguide Xi5..
    I also have a transducer mount that mounts off front side of pontoon I can put it on..
    Not sure if I want to put the money in Live Scope or maybe get a Ulterra or Ultrex, definitely cant get both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

i would advise against mounting it on your trolling motor . this year we had high water , flooded timber we would fish parallel to the tree. the transducer was aiming towards the trees. we could find the schools under the trees . if on the motor we would not been able to drive along and scan the area at the same time
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way a Xi5 deploys/retracts .... no, you couldn't put the tdx on it.

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the ultrex and livescope. I would advise buying ultrex first, livescope at a later date. Spot lock on the ultrex was a real game changer for me. It made it so much easier to hold on the brush piles and trees I fish.

Livescope makes it easier to determine if a spot holds fish and what level to fish for them. But it did not do as much for my fishing as spot lock.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.
    Likes chaunc, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Ive got spot lock/pinpoint gps on the Xi5 and its very accurate, only thing I dont like about the xi5 is putting it in and out of the water..if live scope cannot be used on trolling may just get it and use it on my other transducer mount off front side of boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    I have the ultrex and livescope. I would advise buying ultrex first, livescope at a later date. Spot lock on the ultrex was a real game changer for me. It made it so much easier to hold on the brush piles and trees I fish.

Livescope makes it easier to determine if a spot holds fish and what level to fish for them. But it did not do as much for my fishing as spot lock.

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine on a "da ducer" mount, and run it to a 93sv. Plenty of screen for me.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes jp2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I first had my livescope on my trolling motor no good for me working the trolling motor fighting the wind I couldn’t look were I needed to look. Got the fishing specialty mount and love it

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Another FS Bowducer user here; didn't want the LS on the trolling motor (Terrova).
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."