Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    No, it wouldn't, since they never see it "out of the water". And they have been known to bite something bigger than they could actually swallow, so it probably don't matter much to the fish about the size of the food ... just the ease at which they can obtain it.
    What I mean is, does a shiner minnow look 33% bigger to a fish,does water magnify things that much?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think about what on what crappie see or don't see color wise .
    we all FORGET their eyes are not like our eyes and what we see is for sure NOT what they see .
    can they distinguish color ? I have no clue .
    but to be sure color can make a big difference sometimes .
    red and pink seem to trigger strikes sometimes and I imagine its because of the "blood in the water" syndrome.
    sick bait and injured bait has shades of red and pink typically .
    more often than not though I think its about having a lot of contrast and for whatever reason that varies from water to water .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Crestliner08, hdhntr, Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Color matters. If for no other reason than to make our sport that much more enjoyable!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes hdhntr, Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

one has to ask ones self WHY did it want this over the natural color bait I was pitching before it ….same spot same time ?
    contrast ? high visibility ? red tail ? I don't know but it got more bites than charcoal and clear with sparkles for sure
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

And they have been known to bite something bigger than they could actually swallow, so it probably don't matter much to the fish about the size of the food ... just the ease at which they can obtain it.
    Funny you should say that. Last Friday I caught a 7" bass with a 6" Senko still in its throat - hook gone! Amazing to say the least !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Color - Does it matter???

When they're hungry, probably NOT so much. When they are picky, I try to pay more attention to size of lure, action, depth and speed before changing colors. Just my opinion??
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!
    Likes N/A LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    Color - Does it matter???

When they're hungry, probably NOT so much. When they are picky, I try to pay more attention to size of lure, action, depth and speed before changing colors. Just my opinion??
    Couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the white line that the plastic is attached to and wondering of white jigs also turn to an electric blue color at 10 and 20 feet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12