Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Possibly moving to Nashville area / need some info about where to live

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possibly moving to Nashville area / need some info about where to live

Wife is changing jobs, and I thought we were headed to Huntsville, but now it may be the Nashville area. I can figure out places to fish, but we need to know about where we should live... Something south of town, and preferably not terribly expensive is what I am hoping for... Can someone share some info please?
    I had this posted in the Off Topic section... Got a lot of views but not many responses... Hope it is ok to add it here now!
    Look for the old Carolina Skiff
    Loaded down with too much gear...
    LINES IN!

Post Thanks / Like

Wife's commute should be the biggest consideration in where to move, IMO. Nashville's traffic is no joke, and only getting worse due to large number of new people moving into the area. My good college buddy is a Nashville native and real estate agent (only bass fishes though ), Rick Deckbar. He focuses on metro areas and Davidson County along with Brentwood/Franklin areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my family from Mississippi recently moved to Franklin area. Absolutely love that area, however it can be move expensive than some other surrounding areas in Nashville. Less traffic, better schools, more nature, an just outright beautiful homes. Good luck An welcome to the great state of Tennessee!

Post Thanks / Like

South of Nashvegas is some of the most expensive real estate there is

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

My brother lives in Mt Juliet and commutes to Franklin for work. Traffic is terrible and he spends a lot of time frustrated on the freeways. I echo the sentiment above in trying to move close to the workplace to minimize commute times. Nashville is a great city for concerts, restaurants, sports venues and health care facilities. A 3 hour drive East and you can be in the beautiful mountains of East TN and 3 hours drive West back to the flatlands of the Mississippi River bottoms and Reelfoot Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Murfreesboro.....my wife makes the drive to Nashville for work. If you have the budget you can live in the Williamson County area....but you need a big budget. Used to live in Spring Hill but the growth was out of control....moved to Murfreesboro now the growth is out of control here. Don’t know what your budget is but you are going to have to get out quite a ways to get away from the high prices. I live in a nice home that has increased in value by 70 grand in 3 years. To get the same home I have here would cost about 130 grand more in Williamson County. If you go south to Columbia....longer commute......the housing is a lot more affordable. I would say to get a break on home prices you are going to have to move out 30-40 miles. As soon as wife retires in 1.5 years I’m off to a little town in nowhere Arkansas. Getting older and dealing with the traffic is no fun.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I don't live in Nashville, actually about 90 miles away up in Kentucky. We go down there shopping and out to eat, there's lots to offer. I've noticed that the Northwest side is very rural. We've talked about living in Nashville and I would absolutely live around the NW area. Coming up I-24, I've noticed how it quickly goes rural and woodsy.

Also, living on the NW side would put you within a VERY easy drive to Kentucky lake and Barkley lake! Plus, you'd have Old Hickory and Cheatham!

Post Thanks / Like

It's looking like Huntsville is more likely where we are headed now... It's lot closer to Nashville than from where we are in MS now, so I'm sure we will run up there for fun some!
    Look for the old Carolina Skiff
    Loaded down with too much gear...
    LINES IN!
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

lots to do in huntsville. i lived there for numerous years . worked with nasa. lake guntersville is not far away and you are in smallie country. i have boated to the guntersville dam from huntsville and locked thru to guntersville lake many time. it is a long boat ride, but i fished along the way.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallatin or Portland. Far enough out your still in the country yet 30 min from Music City. Lived there 3 years. wished I'd stayed.