Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Friends

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friends

Ive met some amazing people you guys know who you are. I just want to say thanks for every thing from information to locations to just being awesome friends I'm glad that I have each one of you in my life.

Sent from my XT1650 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

well same here brother , thank you so much for the help out there and to be sure it seems this forum has some great folks hanging around in it . I hope to hit the water with you again soon , this week I am planning on building some heavy condos to drop at the new location and I am sure us old guys could use help with them .
    they will be 5 gallon concretes with pecan limbs in them and pretty heavy even though I cut the buckets in half .
    Wednesday is likely when they go down if you want to help and I bet Ez is ok with it too .
    we are gunna dial up that new spot and his new deck is already built along the side of it …..40 foot of cover along the edge when we get done is my thoughts
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes skiptomylu LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Ketchn, I moved from buckets of sakrete to cinder blocks. They are heavy enough to be solid yet light enough for an old guy (me) to lift. I just put bamboo chopped to various lengths in the open ends then add enough sakrete to fill the two holes. Allows me to spread the bamboo in any pattern I want.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    well same here brother , thank you so much for the help out there and to be sure it seems this forum has some great folks hanging around in it . I hope to hit the water with you again soon , this week I am planning on building some heavy condos to drop at the new location and I am sure us old guys could use help with them .
    they will be 5 gallon concretes with pecan limbs in them and pretty heavy even though I cut the buckets in half .
    Wednesday is likely when they go down if you want to help and I bet Ez is ok with it too .
    we are gunna dial up that new spot and his new deck is already built along the side of it …..40 foot of cover along the edge when we get done is my thoughts
    Don't forget the other side, the front and the middle. Time I get through I expect to have 104 foot of cover along the edges and 44 foot down the middle. I plan on it being the number one choice layover spot of all the crappie that visits the marina.

I am going to get 4 10' lengths of pvc sewer pipe, drill it full of holes and stuff it with smaller pvc pipe to lay down the middle of the slip.

Or we could switch it up and put the pecan down the middle and pvc/brush down the edges. Add the underwater green light to the mix and we should end up with a real winner. Probably take several months to everything but it will be a crappie haven when it is finished.

But fair warning: A couple of the guys on E dock has stated come next January they are going to place Christmas trees in every slip on E Dock. They are not too happy that G dock brushed up heavy with Christmas trees this past January and are luring the crappie away from E Dock.

So it sounds as if the brush wars are on if they follow through with action to back up their words. And since I am a cheerful poacher I plan on fishing them all if it happens.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    Don't forget the other side, the front and the middle. Time I get through I expect to have 104 foot of cover along the edges and 44 foot down the middle. I plan on it being the number one choice layover spot of all the crappie that visits the marina.

I am going to get 4 10' lengths of pvc sewer pipe, drill it full of holes and stuff it with smaller pvc pipe to lay down the middle of the slip.

Or we could switch it up and put the pecan down the middle and pvc/brush down the edges. Add the underwater green light to the mix and we should end up with a real winner. Probably take several months to everything but it will be a crappie haven when it is finished.

But fair warning: A couple of the guys on E dock has stated come next January they are going to place Christmas trees in every slip on E Dock. They are not too happy that G dock brushed up heavy with Christmas trees this past January and are luring the crappie away from E Dock.

So it sounds as if the brush wars are on if they follow through with action to back up their words. And since I am a cheerful poacher I plan on fishing them all if it happens.
    Caught these the other evening Name:  IMG_20190412_235459387_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  46.7 KBName:  IMG_20190412_235303719.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  105.5 KBName:  IMG_20190412_235046528.jpeg
Views: 245
Size:  35.1 KB

Sent from my XT1650 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app