HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM reels relating to panfish

Post Thanks / Like

The 2018 Lunakia 610 is most assuredly an all round rod. Meaning bluegill......Smallies.....trout.....white bass......largemouth. It can handle big fish and yet give you a lot of fun on bluegill. I am really impressed with the rod. Landed a 20 inch Smallie today using ester 2.3# test with FC leader...tied with triple surgeons knot....and the flex in the rod took the pressure off the line and after a few minutes the fish was brought to net. It also handle 13-14 inch trout with equal ease.

RegardsName:  IMG_0336.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  231.5 KBName:  IMG_0340.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  225.3 KBName:  IMG_0339.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  261.8 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes StantheMan2567, redfin00, LedHed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    I fish so much brush here I do not think they would be very cost effective, but like everything else I have used from across the big pond I bet they are quality jig heads. Maybe they will restock and I can get in line also!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    My plans will be I usually keep several rods on deck and ready to go so when I get to casting into the really knarly stuff where losing tackle risk is almost a given I will throw some of my cheaper domestic models jigs!
    I am not made out of dollars with those deep pockets like Alpha is. lol!

Plat sent me the invoice and took my money for my order and so far I have not heard about anything being back ordered. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    My plans will be I usually keep several rods on deck and ready to go so when I get to casting into the really knarly stuff where losing tackle risk is almost a given I will throw some of my cheaper domestic models jigs!
    I am not made out of dollars with those deep pockets like Alpha is. lol!

Plat sent me the invoice and took my money for my order and so far I have not heard about anything being back ordered. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    I look at this a little different than most. I don稚 have deep pockets fur sure. Fishing is my passion and I made up my mind I知 going to do all I can to enjoy it......and use equipment that will give me an advantage. It doesn稚 mean I知 going to catch more fish than someone else. But it gives me....myself an advantage. The line....the rods....the jig heads....all give me an advantage. What it means is I am catching more fish since I started using JDM gear about 5 years back. I知 not worried about what someone else catches. Then there is probably the most important factor......these rods give me a lot more fun. I had an epic day today below Normandy Dam and the rod....line...and especially the jig heads played a huge role in it. Which reminds me......I need to order some 2 gram #8.....#10 hook jig heads....LOL.

Regards

Likes vfourmax, redfin00, John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    The 2018 Lunakia 610 is most assuredly an all round rod. Meaning bluegill......Smallies.....trout.....white bass......largemouth. It can handle big fish and yet give you a lot of fun on bluegill. I am really impressed with the rod. Landed a 20 inch Smallie today using ester 2.3# test with FC leader...tied with triple surgeons knot....and the flex in the rod took the pressure off the line and after a few minutes the fish was brought to net. It also handle 13-14 inch trout with equal ease.

RegardsName:  IMG_0336.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  231.5 KBName:  IMG_0340.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  225.3 KBName:  IMG_0339.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  261.8 KB

That is a pretty Smallmouth, dark and stocky looking. That Lunakia is on my mind, still on the fence about the 6.10 length but I think I could get used to it in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Fishing is my passion and I made up my mind I知 going to do all I can to enjoy it......and use equipment that will give me an advantage.
    Agreed.

I don't smoke, drink, golf, bowl, hunt, or play poker. I'm not that interested in sports, cars, or anything that plugs into a wall or runs on batteries. That leaves me with a lot of money to focus on what's important: fishing tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    That Lunakia is on my mind, still on the fence about the 6.10 length but I think I could get used to it in time.
    They do come in other lengths. What length would not have to "get used to?"
    www.finesse-fishing.com
    Ultralight JDM Fishing Gear

Post Thanks / Like

I primarily use a 7-7.6ft rod for most of my fishing. Always have, own one 6.6ft UL rod and wife likes to use it when she tags along. The 6.10 Lunakia you have is really tempting, I look at it and watch Alphahawk痴 video and review of it often. I do not Trout fish, and when the water gets back up my bank fishing spots will be unreachable. From now until October I will be mainly fishing from the deck of the boat, and I find I can cast and control a 7+ft rod easily, and accurately. I feel as if the sweet spot for this UL may be the 6.10 length, as most of the Ajing rods offered (regardless of brand) seem to have and promote this length.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Tenryu makes a 7'5" Lunakia, but it is not an ultralight. (For that matter, they don't call the 6'10" rod ultralight either.) The 7'5" rod is their "power" model, which they say is "Effective for 1.5~3g Jig Head, Carolina-rig at deep sea and small plug up to 10g." It is rated for line up to 7 lb test. That compares with the 6'10" model that is rated for lures up to 5g and line up to 4 lb test. I don't have it in stock and would have to order it from Japan. It would be $10 more than the 6'10" model.

They also have a 5'8" model and an 8'2" model.
    www.finesse-fishing.com
    Ultralight JDM Fishing Gear
    Likes John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I need advice...I just ordered a Major Craft Triple Cross rod and need to pair it with a nice reel. I've always used the smallest President model spinning reel to decent success. However, I'm thinking of upgrading to a JDM model reel.

Is there anything in the $125 range that would be appropriate? I see the Luvias that are popular and they seem to run $300+. I really don't want to spend that kind of money just yet.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    I need advice...I just ordered a Major Craft Triple Cross rod and need to pair it with a nice reel. I've always used the smallest President model spinning reel to decent success. However, I'm thinking of upgrading to a JDM model reel.

Is there anything in the $125 range that would be appropriate? I see the Luvias that are popular and they seem to run $300+. I really don't want to spend that kind of money just yet.

Thoughts are appreciated.
    The Luvias are 226 bucks delivered. DIGITAKA! - Japan Fishing Tackle Store I知 not familiar with anything really lower than that.

Regards

Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast