HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM reels relating to panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    I just wonder how stiff the Corto and the Triplecross are in comparison to the mebaru rods... In my cart I currently have 2lb flouro sunline, 3lb sniper flouro, and 2.3lb varivas ester... I did buy some 2lb maxima at bass pro on Thursday but haven’t tried it yet... and am not a fan of the hi vis stuff so it has been challenging finding lines... I do like the looks of that 2lb sunline troutino darkness that Chris has on his website...
    Depends on the brand and model of the Mebaru rod. The Finezza Prototype is unique in that it is seems a very stiff rod in the hand....but load it up with some 2.1# test Varivas Super Trout Advance Sight Edition and it does a masterful job on crappie. I only caught one good crappie this past week but that told me all I needed to know about the rod. I doubt I will be using the ester line much on the Finezza Prototype....but will use ester with my area trout rods......Tice Ice Cube rods. I am pretty sure I will not be using ester on my Ajing rods unless I am after stocker trout. If I could see the clear lines I wouldn’t bother with hi-vis lines either. Let me say this about the Varivas lines. I have had a Shimano Twin Power spooled up with the Varivas 2.1# test nylon for about 9 months now. They line is till very limp......has almost no memory and just the right amount of stretch. The line is orange and I see now that Varivas Sight Edition is green in color and the smallest on the Varivas website is 3# test. But I am sure I will be getting some Sunline to play around with too. And let’s not forget the Lunakia 6’ 10”. It is also a very unique rod in the fact that it is a hybrid between the Ajing and Mebaru rods. This week I think the weather will allow me to get out for about 5 days in a row to test out rods....line combinations......to include some trout fishing. So excited I can hardly sleep! The older I become the more excited I get about fishing.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  574D0102-9E20-4071-BF2A-E706660F3E84.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  301.7 KBMaybe I’ll get to play with my new goodies soon!
    Likes Crappie Pro Wannabe, Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It always posts my pics crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are ready for the brush piles JDM reels relating to panfish. I am ready to see some action shots of that Tict and Olympic Corto. Waters are getting right here now....finally.

Likes VaCrappieMan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Name:  574D0102-9E20-4071-BF2A-E706660F3E84.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  301.7 KBMaybe I’ll get to play with my new goodies soon!
    You’re ready now!

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

So you're the one who cleaned out all the 1g jigs at Plat! Mine are on back order.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps I got an assortment... I like the #8 best so far for trout magnet and then the #10 I am going to use with the bobby garland itty bittys I probably need more 1, 1.5, and 2 gram with #8 hook
    Likes Crappie Pro Wannabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    So you're the one who cleaned out all the 1g jigs at Plat! Mine are on back order.
    No that would be me....LOL. I have 100 in route and will do another order next week. Can’t run out......plus need to keep a big stock.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Well where does that leave me for the 31 packs I ordered from Plat in assorted weights and hooks sizes to test them out?

I figure with the price per pack, handling and shipping charges this order ends up with the jigs costing just a tad over a 1.00 a piece.

Expensive but like anything else we will see if I feel there is a significant difference in my hook up rates to warrant the extra cost, if so with everything else I spend fishing then this will not be unreasonable.

I just hope with all the orders I get them before the fishing season ends! lol!

My fishing buddy and I are going today to check out several places and ramps we have never been before, not taking the boat but will take a rod and a small amount of tackle, may wet a line if the opportunity presents itself.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish so much brush here I do not think they would be very cost effective, but like everything else I have used from across the big pond I bet they are quality jig heads. Maybe they will restock and I can get in line also!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes vfourmax LIKED above post

Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast