HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I've used about all the ones previously mentioned, but I would throw Timmy Tom's crappie kickers in there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hand ties of various materials year round. Curly tails in the spring. Fle-Fly Go Go Minnows are excellent but I don't use them exclusively. Sometimes you just can't beat the ol' red and white tube jig though. They still work!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Slabanator Jigs are fast becoming my go to plastic jig bodies.

Hot Rod, Mega Rod, Mini Rod (carrot shaped)
    Booty Shaker (boot tail)
    Shad (stinger shad shape)
    Slab Twisters (curly tail)
    Deuces Wild (twin dongle tail)

Sample pic of Shad & Deuces Wild with a few colors available :

Sample pic of Hot Rods & Shad:

These are all custom made by the member known as Slabeye (here in KY) and are available for purchase on the Member Sponsor Classifieds Forum : https://www.crappie.com/crappie/-mem...abanator-jigs/ All colors shown in the Hot Rods pictured are available in most all the other body shapes he makes.
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

G-Daddy Baits are still around. Production will start back up in 4-6 weeks as my Son, Dan Langston and his partner Dane Myers takes over. He has been posting Garmin Videos of the baits working on 2+ pounders. The baits are tough as nails with very good action. Dan and Dane won Division 1 of the Crappie Anglers of Texas Tournament on Lake Palestine TX last month. Dan is on Todd Huckabee Rod Pro Staff.
    Name:  rsz_crappie_shad_3phantom_2.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  650.0 KBName:  rsz_crappie_shad_3pct22deliverance_2.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  560.2 KBName:  rsz_crappie_shad_3pct22bows_favorite.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  498.4 KBName:  rsz_crappie_shad_2pct22terminator4.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  707.8 KBName:  rsz_crappie_shad_2pct22killer.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  556.2 KBName:  rsz_crappie_shad_2pct22_lightning.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  535.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to get ahold of some of the orange/chart Frank. They will work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimY View Post
    I would love to get ahold of some of the orange/chart Frank. They will work.
    The Lake Palestine Tournament was won with the first photo with a Milkman body that glows blue and the tails glow Fluorescent green. The color is Phantom 2. The color you mention is Bow's Favorite with a true orange glow body and chartreuse tails that glow chartreuse. All baits are made with UV which help them show in deep water. I will announce here once the website is back open to take orders. Dan and Dane are taking over the business as I fight lung cancer. They will be transporting all materials, molds etc to Texas. Thank you for your interest!! You will not be disappointed!
    Likes callmecamo LIKED above post
    Thanks Hat55, TimY thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear Frank, that new style looks promising. When you shut down, I could not find anything comparable with your Big Mo Magic baits. I ordered from several makers and ended with several bags of junk baits. Mostly too soft and too small to be of any use to me. One fella had good colors for his baits but they were "one and done" (One fish and it would be torn beyond usefulness).
    Likes Frank300 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    Good to hear Frank, that new style looks promising. When you shut down, I could not find anything comparable with your Big Mo Magic baits. I ordered from several makers and ended with several bags of junk baits. Mostly too soft and too small to be of any use to me. One fella had good colors for his baits but they were "one and done" (One fish and it would be torn beyond usefulness).
    Thanks!! The bait style shown is Crappie Shad. My original design and custom made for me. NO one can even buy that mold. I am the sole supplier of that bait style. It comes in 3", 2" and soon 1". Tough as nails and tremendous action. I will make sure to let you know when they are back in production and orders will be taken on the website, should be 4-6 weeks They also are on Todd Huckabee Rods pro staff. The have also started a new LLC. You can see it on Facebook: River Bottom Boys Guide Service LLC. They post videos on their outings and post videos To G-Daddy Baits Facebook page. They will be going live tomorrow night at 7 from their Guide Service page.. They plan on fishing Crappie Masters on Eufaula at Lake Fork and Eufaula. They consistently catch 2 lb+. Dan caught a 3+ on Fork last fall. They use Livescope.
    Likes IkenI LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Those baits are definitely the toughest out there. I caught about 250 bluegills and about 120 crappie on one jig, and it was only slightly scuffed, no tears. Still praying for you to beat the cancer, Frank. God bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigskyfisherman View Post
    Those baits are definitely the toughest out there. I caught about 250 bluegills and about 120 crappie on one jig, and it was only slightly scuffed, no tears. Still praying for you to beat the cancer, Frank. God bless.
    Thank you so much! Never quit never give up no matter what! Prayers are greatly appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast