HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 20 of 176 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070120 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Never exceed line ratings on JDM UL rods. You can get many JDM UL rods rated for up to 5-6 pound test. But many...especially the high end will be rated less than 4# test line with many being 2.5# test at the high end. The Triple Cross is a great rod....Stan has one and I think he is very happy with it. I think it is an excellent rod for the 140 bucks. Give me a chance to look around but to tell you they truth I’m not sure you can get a rod in the 200 dollar range that will be that much better than the Triple Cross at 140 dollars. If you could find an X Ride on sale...but it is a much heavier rod than the Triple Cross. I’ll look around for something in the 250 range also.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    When you get time, could you post a link to the Triple Cross?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    When you get time, could you post a link to the Triple Cross?

Thanks
    Here you go. DIGITAKA! - Japan Fishing Tackle Store

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I do have the Majorcraft Triple Cross, 7.3ft solid tip Ajing rod, took it and the Majorcraft X-Ride 7.6ft Tubular tip Ajing rod for a quick bank fishing spin this morning. With falling and clearing waters I knew the bite would be a bit tougher. I have a 3lb JDM braid on the X-ride and am trying to get a handle on the Fluorocarbon shock leader with proper knot thing. First thump, decent Crappie that inhaled the jig. No problem for the X, a quick fight, a photograph and a release.
    ?Name:  IMG_3297.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  122.9 KB
    Knot held. A couple small Crappie later and a hard charging Smallmouth tested the drag, rod, and knot. Two out of three passed, the knot failed as I was dragging him on to the bank.
    ?Name:  IMG_3299.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  155.6 KB
    Here he is with the jig and shock leader, but my knot slipped, did not break. I tied the knot at home, carefully, wetting it and slowly tightening it. The X Ride is definitely a more rigid, stiff rod that can easily handle the super lines, but seems to be sensitive enough to detect Crappie and Bass bites. I have not caught any sized bluegill on the rod to speak of, but it should handle the big bulls and Crackers with ease. I would consider the X Ride the big brother to the Triple Cross. Both good rods, no...great rods, just having trouble with the line, knot, and shock leader thing. A slow learning curve for this old dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish! How did you fix your triple cross by the way? Ordered a new tip?

Post Thanks / Like

Default JDM rods relating to Panfish

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Pretty fish! How did you fix your triple cross by the way? Ordered a new tip?
    Yes, I ordered a new tip from Digitaka, was painful for sure. I am having the broken tip repaired by a local rod company. He called me last week when he picked it up from the tackle store and does think he can get it fixed. Will report back on the old tip/new repair when it comes in. I seem to gravitate to the Triple Cross when I have other rods with me. It is my favorite so far, but I have not had all 3 rods out in the boat this year, just bank fishing now until the weather warms up. 1pc. 7ft St. Croix Panfish Series Light Action that I bought exactly 1 year ago is gathering dust!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes VaCrappieMan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 6’9” St. Croix panfish that hasn’t seen any use lately lol... I might pick up a 5’8” triple cross for creek trout fishing... good looking rod!

Post Thanks / Like

I was told over 5 years ago.....and since I have started the YouTube channel I have passed the info on that was told to me.....don’t go down this road as there is no turning back....LOL. I never thought that so many would contact me on navigating the waters to purchase JDM rods. It seems that someone contacts me each week, and what is funny many are now on their 2nd....3rd...4th purchase. Even though I do not own a Triple Cross....I have read enough to know it is a truly an excellent value. Major Craft is known for that. If I’m not able to fish soon I’ll go broke as bad winter weather causes me to make purchases. I have my eye on so many rods.

Regards

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep er going guys ! Sound like treasures for sure ! thats awesome !!! and for those collecting dust pm me for my address I be glad to keep the dust off those St Croix rods for youngs !

Post Thanks / Like

I am kind of surprised they might be able to fix the tip... that’s good news for sure! I am thinking of a triple cross for stream trout fishing or going ahead and buying a corto...

Post Thanks / Like

just having trouble with the line, knot, and shock leader thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app[/QUOTE]

i can tie a leader to the superline that will hold but the knot is too big for my liking. the tip eyes on all my jdms are tiny. i've tried every knot i can find on you tube and still usually cut the leader off and tie direct to the jig. that little tic the knot makes when you reel the knot through the tip drives me nuts. esp when you consider that one eye on the tip cost about 30 bucks.
    Likes John Scott LIKED above post