Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time crappie fishing Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    I would say that Deland KOA would be about centered up. Also only about 35 minutes from Intercoastal/beaches.
    That would great I could fish fresh and salt if I wanted. I'm picking up a Ranger RB 190 this week and really itching get on the water with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I think i have yall florida boys figured out. Nobody suggested Talquin, and very few reports from there. YET, all the lodges on the lake are slam full and crappie masters guys caught plenty over this past weekend. I see yall are steering the fishing pressure to other lakes and keeping talquin for yourselves! Im onto you! LOL
    Likes Tom 513 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    I think i have yall florida boys figured out. Nobody suggested Talquin, and very few reports from there. YET, all the lodges on the lake are slam full and crappie masters guys caught plenty over this past weekend. I see yall are steering the fishing pressure to other lakes and keeping talquin for yourselves! Im onto you! LOL
    In the several years Ive been on here you won't see alot of posts about Talquin:

Most of us fish the St.Johns River system & don't travel to Talquin. There doesn't seem to be a lot of guys that post in that area or they do keep it to themselves. Might have better luck looking for info on the GA page as it's close the FL/GA border & there's probably more guys traveling down to fish than us going up there to fish. Heck, I've lived here my entire life & never even seen or been to Talquin.
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

This is my second winter fishing Fl, started in Talquin last year and ended up on st.johns till the snow drove me south, this year Im fishing st.johns first and hope to get back to Talquin on the way home, I caught the biggest fish there last year. Id say its a toss up which place is better, although i like staying in Deland.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I really like SJR and Lake George. Only bass fished there, and a few times at Rodman. Never tried the crappie on that system. Beautiful area for sure! Talquin is a shorter drive this time from NC. Now that im learning more and more about crappie, i am looking forward to some nicer weather this weekend down south.
    Likes specktacklure LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12