HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whats your fav bluegill rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    I am very one dimensional in my fishing and rarely stray from using a Bison colored Trout Magnet. I use it for Gills........shell cracker......crappie.....trout.....smallmouth..... .white bass....KY bass. It has served me very well

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I can’t get a fish to bite those things to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcounty View Post
    I can’t get a fish to bite those things to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ran down to the local creek this morning while wife was in exercise class and did a quick bait challenge, and ended up on a tie, 4 gills for the Bison Colored Trout Magnet and 4 Gills for the Lunkerhunt Spade grub. Had only an hour to fish. Name:  IMG_3158.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  104.6 KBName:  IMG_3159.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  111.0 KBName:  IMG_3161.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  104.3 KBName:  IMG_3163.JPG
Views: 707
Size:  320.7 KB
    All baits were tipped with the Berkeley Wax worm and sprayed with the Sauce. Main lake was chocolate soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    i wish they sold wax worms here iv never used them or mealworms they look like theyd b amazing bait since dont come off a hook i think the greatest bait is catapla worms though fish love them but they are so hard to find!!!

even buying them onlines a pain foudn a site cost 6 dollars a bag but you have to atleast buy 4bags wat robbery
    If you have a pet supply store or a bird feed supply they usually have wax worms and meal worms.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

can you use fly fishing lures for sunfish? i ot a few forma tackle box i was given they r pretty small id think theyd b great for bluegill but id have t add a weighted corkt cast it out as it has 0 weight on it i heard of guys using fly lures the one i got is like this
    https://assets.listia.com/photos/7f0...&ts=1393027132

on the left side is like the size types i have

Post Thanks / Like

can you use fly fishing lures for sunfish?
    Yes, but a fly rod is more fun than this:

id have t add a weighted corkt cast it out

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer a Bandit 200 myself ! :-))))) Went Bass fishing and a Bream fight broke out!

Name:  106e0031.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  270.3 KB

Name:  106e0029.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  132.3 KB

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Usually takes a big buegill to hit a bass plug, even though I've hooked a few that weren't much bigger than the plug. We figured it was trying to mate. LOL
    Fishing in a friend's pond I discover that an F03 floating Rapala will catch bream, crapie, bass and an unwanted mudfish that broke the plug. A really effective all around lure. It's about 2" long. Got it in a gift pack. Couldn't find locally after the mudfish episode so I had to order online.
    BH, love your Pondtoon. If I had it to do over that's what I would have gotten.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Usually takes a big buegill to hit a bass plug, even though I've hooked a few that weren't much bigger than the plug. We figured it was trying to mate. LOL
    Fishing in a friend's pond I discover that an F03 floating Rapala will catch bream, crapie, bass and an unwanted mudfish that broke the plug. A really effective all around lure. It's about 2" long. Got it in a gift pack. Couldn't find locally after the mudfish episode so I had to order online.
    BH, love your Pondtoon. If I had it to do over that's what I would have gotten.
    Here's a picture of all 3 species caught on the same plug. We managed to get the mudfish(bowfin) off without bringing on board. They are a handful. Name:  20180620_191850_HDR.jpeg
Views: 698
Size:  60.6 KBName:  20181008_185045.jpeg
Views: 669
Size:  67.8 KBName:  20180305_152132.jpeg
Views: 715
Size:  68.2 KB

Sent from my LG-H871 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

For artificial 1/64 jig head with Panfish magnet jig in root beer. For live bait, #8 cricket hook with cricket. For both styles, I use 4'6" UL rods from Wally World with Pflueger Trion reels. 2# test.

Post Thanks / Like

Cricket or redworm on #6 EC rotating hook is #1, followed by small hair or squirrel-tail jigs if no bait.

I like to use my vintage (old) Cardinal 4 reel on a 6' Eagle Claw light rod, or another old rig: UL Berkley Cherrywood rod with a Mitchell 408 I bought in the 70s. New rod is a StC 6' UL trout model with a JDM Daiwa Luvias reel, but that is really my trout rod. I like 2-4 lb line.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast