HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 16 of 176 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read on a Russian forum awhile back about some problems they were having with solid tip rods in cold weather...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gillfishn View Post
    I thought I read on a Russian forum awhile back about some problems they were having with solid tip rods in cold weather...
    Those Russian guys abuse their rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve fished in some 25 degree weather and I’ve never had any problems. I’ve watched tons of YouTube videos with the Russians fishing solid tip rods....read a bunch of translated Russian fishing forum posts and I’ve never read or seen anything about a problem of them in the cold. I’ve seen them do reviews of rods fishing and they talk about it being -10 degrees. I suppose if your fishing in that kind of weather everything gets brittle. Disco is correct....the Russians can abuse some rods. They will load up an UL rod rated for 2.5# test with some 20-30 pound braid and go after huge trout. Not a good thing to do with those rods.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Well I ordered a Graphiteleader 2017 Finezza Prototype 6’ 10” UL rod. While this certainly will not be my last JDM UL rod I will slow down for a few months. Thanks to Allsorts input on Graphiteleader rods I will have information on fishability......build quality.....on rods from low end to high end. This will give me experience of all levels of JDM UL rods. While I know the Finezza Prototype is certainly not the most expensive rod Olympic sells it will give me insight to the high end rods of what many consider to be one of the top companies to manufacture rods in Japan...if not the world. This rod has some of the most advanced blank technology there is. I intend to do an unboxing video and fish it as soon as possible and give an initial impression video. I will be comparing the sensitivity....castability.......to 2 Tict Ice Cube Rods...as the Finezza and Ice Cube Rods both are Mebaru Rods...and of course I will give an opinion on build....fit and finish. I expect to test this rod on a lot on Gills.....and probably crappie. Of course I expect build quality to be impeccable. My journey will continue....just slow down a little. I need to move a few rods so I can continue to check out newer up and coming rods.....at least that’s the plan.

Regards

Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a quick look at Graphiteleader website, there's a new Corto AT out which I guess none of us will ever see in the flesh because its $1100!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allsorts View Post
    Just had a quick look at Graphiteleader website, there's a new Corto AT out which I guess none of us will ever see in the flesh because its $1100!
    Been looking at that and while I will not be getting it I would bet money those of us who use these rods would see...feel.....why it is 1000 bucks.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

First Fish on the new X Ride, a fat Spotted Bass. I have it armed with a Diawa Luvias 1003, a sweet smooth reel spooled with 3lb JDM braid. Name:  IMG_3128.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  218.8 KB
    I tried the Flourocarbon leader today, no knot failure or breaks, but a short trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    First Fish on the new X Ride, a fat Spotted Bass. I have it armed with a Diawa Luvias 1003, a sweet smooth reel spooled with 3lb JDM braid. Name:  IMG_3128.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  218.8 KB
    I tried the Flourocarbon leader today, no knot failure or breaks, but a short trip.

Congrats.....what are your impressions of the X-Ride? Curious if my description fits your thoughts of the rod.

Regards

Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The X Ride is a solid feeling rod. Very light weight, but stout. I was casting a 1/32 jig with a Bobby Garland Baby Shad body and getting great distance. I caught 3 Spots on it, but the bite was mainly on the fall in the 42 degree water so I did not feel the bite, the fish were just there when I reeled. As far as the fight, the rod handled them with ease. My overall impression of this rod is one of versatility. I would not hesitate to use it for White Bass, Smallmouth or Spots, and definitely Big Bluegill or Shellcracker. Some of our Bluegill here will bed next to and around Buck bushes, this rod will keep them out of cover with ease but have an enjoyable battle. I caught it on sale for about 118 bucks and it seems to be well worth the money so far.

Likes Alphahawk, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I made the jump into JDM rods today. I have a Tict Icecube Rockin’ Finess 6’9” on the way and I couldn’t be more excited. I will be pairing it up with my Daiwa Luvias 2004h. This rod and reel should provide lots of fun. Thanks again Alphahawk for your help. And for the record that Finezza looks nice. I think my next rod will be the Corto or maybe the new Blue Current for trout fishing.
    Likes Alphahawk, StantheMan2567, redfin00 LIKED above post