HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 10 of 176 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060110 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

I asked my wife (native born Japanese) about the English names on rods. After a twenty minute explanation she ended with "It's difficult to explain." It would take way, way to long to write what she said, and I would have to end it with "It's difficult to explain." I think this is one of those things you just accept.
    www.finesse-fishing.com
    Ultralight JDM Fishing Gear
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Think the trout area rods are shorter for streams and creeks, longer rods for ponds and lakes.
    The Mebaru & Aji rods are for fishing off of jetties, piers, and rocks.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had several ask me how fragile these rods are. I always tell them to never exceed line rating on the rod and you will be fine. For those of you who have caught drum you know how they fight. I landed both of these on my Ice Cube Rockin Drift which has a graphite content of 99.6 percent according to the manufacturer. The line used was SOS 2# test which is really 3.5# test.

RegardsName:  IMG_1198.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  114.8 KBName:  IMG_1080.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  100.6 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Good review. I pulled the trigger on an 2018 Corto 6’ 10” from Rakuten to ship on 5 December. It is not as sophisticated as the Corto Prototype but I find it to be an intriguing rod for only around 220 bucks delivered to my door. Will be very interesting to see how it compares to other much higher priced Ajing rods I own. Just seems to me for a rod that weighs only 56 grams....has titanium framed guides with Sic-S inserts....made in Japan......it was a no brainer. This will probably be my last Ajing rod for a while.....I just have too many.
    I will be looking forward to seeing the video and review on this rod.

That rod will be one I may be interested in and as I think about how deep into this JDM I want to go I will say that money wise this will probably be in the neighborhood of an "upper end" rod for me.

Actually in my case even if higher priced rods may fish better I have to question where does the point come to where for my enjoyment and purposes in fishing does the equipment reach the level to actually fish well enough to call that my price level ceiling for the most part?

I can say that I like ultra light with super small baits and light line as something I enjoy immensely. I can say I can see where the Japanese take this type of fishing to an entirely different level more with the rods and actions. I have learned a lot from your post and videos and have have also learned more from even other internet sources as well.

I did last summer buy a rod that you had reviewed the "Trout Slayer" and priced very reasonable and although not an actual JDM product from watching your videos you can see where this rod mimics the JDM products more than the typical American market rod. I fished this rod quite a bit last summer and I really liked it for gills and small to medium size smallmouth bass.

Actually I liked the rod well enough that I ordered a second one as where this rod is priced I think it is a good buy. (there goes that in my opinion it fishes above its selling price point thing!)

I look forward to fishing that Major Craft Triple Cross Ajing next year as well. I was planning on putting the Exist reel on that rod but with the rods length and the extreme lightness of the Exist it is a tad tip heavy so may put a 2000 size reel on that. We will see what shakes loose between now and spring.

Hope to see a review on your new rod soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    I’ve had several ask me how fragile these rods are. I always tell them to never exceed line rating on the rod and you will be fine. For those of you who have caught drum you know how they fight. I landed both of these on my Ice Cube Rockin Drift which has a graphite content of 99.6 percent according to the manufacturer. The line used was SOS 2# test which is really 3.5# test.
    Everybody knows you can't land big fish on light line.
    Likes vfourmax LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    I will be looking forward to seeing the video and review on this rod.

That rod will be one I may be interested in and as I think about how deep into this JDM I want to go I will say that money wise this will probably be in the neighborhood of an "upper end" rod for me.

Hope to see a review on your new rod soon.
    Ditto...

Will we get to see a video soon of your megacrappie trip last week?
    I'm tied to the house right now recuperating and also about to be snowed in, but I can fish vicariously through your videos on my big screen TV.
    It"s almost like sitting there with you.
    I too, am planning a Trout Slayer rod purchase in Jan., due to your reviews.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Received the Graphiteleader Corto. It is a lot of rod for the money.....if you are wanting a true Ajing rod. Components and build are first rate. Light as a feather......it is the most rigid Ajing rod I have purchased. I would have to say the approximately $216 and free shipping makes this an absolute bargain. The free shipping is over with but may return......but even another 30 bucks still makes this a great buy for those wanting JDM rod with high end components......high end build and quality.....yet about $70-$90 less expensive than a comparable rod.

Regards

Last edited by deathb4disco; 12-11-2018 at 10:33 PM. Reason: embedded video

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the video, the rod did look very rigid when you bent the tip down. Will you use the Ester with this rod? I am assuming a shock leader would be a necessity? Does the global Rakuten website offer free shipping often or is it a once a year thing? Never ordered from them, not really familiar with them actually. I am looking forward to the on the water review of this rod and the gear you have coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    I enjoyed the video, the rod did look very rigid when you bent the tip down. Will you use the Ester with this rod? I am assuming a shock leader would be a necessity? Does the global Rakuten website offer free shipping often or is it a once a year thing? Never ordered from them, not really familiar with them actually. I am looking forward to the on the water review of this rod and the gear you have coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks.......Global Rakuten is a huge website with many different stores. The store I ordered from was listed on the link. The store is the one that did the free shipping...not Global Rakuten. The Japanese stores will do free shipping a few times a year on rods.....Digitaka does free shipping on many of the rods they sell but not all. It is the most rigid rod I own. I was really very surprised at how rigid it is. I hope to get the rod tested soon. I am really blown away at the quality and components for the price. I know that’s a lot of money but it really does compare with 300 dollar rods. Global Rakuten can be a little difficult to navigate the first time you are on the site.....and you definitely need Google Chrome to auto translate.

Regards

Thanks StantheMan2567 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is link to first fishing trip with Graphiteleader Corto....Allsorts was right.....It did not disappoint. As a matter of fact I would say it is a bargain in the Ajing rod market.....its a bargain if you’re into buying high end JDM rods. I know the white bass were small....but they are in there by the thousands.....take a gander at the sonar screen. A fun day. Hope you enjoy the video.

Regards

Last edited by deathb4disco; 12-20-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: embedded video
    Likes jackie53, slowhand LIKED above post