HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An additional and a "once in a decade" 2018 JMMA award goes to....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up An additional and a "once in a decade" 2018 JMMA award goes to....

Super Moderator David Shands, aka “G”, aka “Inspector G” has been a member of Crappie.com now for 10 years. He joined the site in August of 2008, and the site has never been the same since. Without his contributions, Crappie.com would not be the site it is today. A proud site, which is family friendly in every way, welcoming all fishermen with open arms. The sites motto's is, “Family, Friends, Fishing and Fun”. And David brings that motto to life here on Crappie.com.

David does more for the site than can be put in words. He welcomes all new members onto the site. In fact, he invented our newbie forum. I had disagreed, and did not think we needed it, but soon enough, I saw that he was right. I've heard from many newcomers that the welcome messages they've received has made them feel like family.

Speaking of newbies, David actually approves each and every new member's account. He reviews their membership, and only allows it through the system if it passes the close examination of the Inspector. This keeps off spammers by the hundreds if not thousands.

He is a posting machine. He has almost 78,000 posts. He has averaged over 20 posts a day for 20 years. Not that it's a competition, but no-one else even comes close.

He readily answers members fishing questions, and questions about how to use the site. He's such a prominent member, many simply text him their questions if they don't want to post them (or if they just need help getting onto the site). PM me for his number! J/k lol

Over the years, he's talked me into “the right” decisions on the site that I would not have made without him. We have not always agreed on everything, but we've always come out stronger, and the site has come out even stronger, because of it. He is certainly not a “yes man”, he is someone that has kept me on the straight and narrow when the site (and I) have really needed it.

He catches threads which may “go south” early, and either diverts them (posts to them, pm's participants), or directs them to my attention so that I can take action. This goes a long way in ensuring the site stays family friendly. As many have seen, issues can get carried away real fast on the Internet. It's like the “Wild, Wild West out there on the Internet, and our site would be the “Wild, Wild West” too if it were not for Sheriff “G”. Add to him our other wonderful mods and supermods, and we really do have the best website on the Internet, period. Don't you wish some of these other big social media sites could be run half as well.

Additionally, in the background which no-one else really sees, David helps me out personally more than I can think, with notifications about events, reminders and a whole lot more.

It is his outstanding efforts, and unwavering family values that keep the website running as it does. So without further ado, it is my honor and sincere pleasure to award David Shands with the Crappie.com “Decade of Exceptional Service” JMMA. Thank you very much David for your continued participation here on Crappie.com. May we see you here for many more decades to come.

Name:  bbg.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  277.1 KB
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations David. You deserve it!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Way to go "G". You now have permission to take the corporate jet wherever you want.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job G ! Your one heck of a guy thanks for all you do!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, David!
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well deserved. Congrats! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats my friend and thanks for doing a fantastic job here on crappie.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go G.

brjohnson429 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats G!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast