HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Garmin Live scope

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin Live scope

I finally purchased one 2 weeks ago. Its pretty expensive but awesome. Here is a link to a vid. I have the echomap plus 9 inch screen which does not allow for me to record from the unit so I have to record with my phone. This is a single standing timber with about 20 crappie on one side. You can clearly see them come out and attempt to and successfully take my bait. Its short, but shows the capabilities of the technology quite well. My line that you can see is braid 8lb equivalent. The jig is BG baby shad 1.5 inch. Bigger crappie you see are 1.5 lb. By the way, I am selling my 1.5 year old Humminbird 9 inch Helix now that I have this new unit. You can find it in the off topic section.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video Fishers!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Thanks Fishers thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you still need use side and down image to locate your fish or does the live scope work as a stand alone unit?

Thanks for posting your video, all info helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the LiveScope for a couple of months now. It is great for keeping your bait at the desired depth, you always know exactly where the brush pile is without tossing a marker buoy and you can also place your bait on the nose of those finicky fish that just do not want to bite. I have recently started using the LiveScope to follow schools of large crappie that I find with the side scan. The biggest issue is I find myself watching the graph too much and not fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    I finally purchased one 2 weeks ago. Its pretty expensive but awesome. Here is a link to a vid. I have the echomap plus 9 inch screen which does not allow for me to record from the unit so I have to record with my phone. This is a single standing timber with about 20 crappie on one side. You can clearly see them come out and attempt to and successfully take my bait. Its short, but shows the capabilities of the technology quite well. My line that you can see is braid 8lb equivalent. The jig is BG baby shad 1.5 inch. Bigger crappie you see are 1.5 lb. By the way, I am selling my 1.5 year old Humminbird 9 inch Helix now that I have this new unit. You can find it in the off topic section.
    That is awesome Chris. Always been a big fan of Garmin but they went over the top with live scope. I know that 93 sv touch screen and live scope transducer was pricey but it will be a lot of fun. I'm gonna wait a year and see if they come out with something new and put these on sale LOL
    Likes coyote, Redge, hdhntr, PannieJoe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Going to retire in a year and a half and see what's on the market then.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

That is just incredible. Video game fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I still cruise with My Side Imaging looking for structure and fish from my console Lowrance unit. But if I'm in an area with a lot of structure and fish I just use the live scope to look around. It's also great for chasing schooled and individual fish that are just cruising the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of videos that show a brush pile with livescope? Ive seen a bunch on standing timber but not on brush pile. Where I fish there isn't much standing timber.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drmdr2001 View Post
    Does anyone know of videos that show a brush pile with livescope? Ive seen a bunch on standing timber but not on brush pile. Where I fish there isn't much standing timber.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Here is one I did recently. Fish is 10 inches, jig you see bouncing is 1.5 inch BG baby shad.
    YouTube
    Likes drmdr2001, TimY, IkenI, Blackdog40, dfar, PannieJoe LIKED above post
    Thanks Crappie ciller thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast