HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 9 of 176 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I watched two last night,looked at the Major Craft,then saw on Plat,they are having a Christmas sale!Confused a little more but will learn!lol

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Matagi catalog in the mail on Saturday. WOW!!! A REEL eye opener. Was hoping they had a bigger selection of UL blanks.... Can not believe the guide selection - the tip selection is mind boggling. Lots of components that aren't offered in the US. They even list St. Croix blanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations V4max VA dude. I hope you smoke some of those Smith Mtn Lake Panfish with the new weapons, and share pics here of the catch. I am slowly headed down that (JDM) road also, and it seems to be a slippery slope headed in only one direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks vfourmax thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I warned of this several times in my videos....LOL.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes vfourmax LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I have moved a couple of posts relating to reels to Alphahawk's reel thread and made that thread a sticky. I just thought it might be easier if we had separate JDM rod and reel threads.

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/panf...ating-panfish/
    Likes Alphahawk, John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea. Thanks. There were some reel posts I had missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Preliminary feedback on Graphiteleader Corto Prototype GNCPS-612L-T.

As the code indicates, L power, tubular tip. Designed for fishing aji jigs on FC or Ester.

My initial response to Randy's request about early impressions was 'words fail me...' After a few hours using mostly 1/24th heads, 3lb FC, Shimano JDM C2000 and getting some spots and a smallie of 16" (adverse bluegill conditions), my initial impressions are:

1. balance is perfect, weight and it's distribution seem to combine to make the rod seem weightless
    2. very sensitive, surprisingly stiff/ fast response but bends nicely on even small fish. At a guess, Randy might prefer the lighter model for bluegill - hollow tip on this model gives a little more usable sensitivity I think...
    4. Since I'll be using mine for real aji & bass, its L rating is perfect for fishing 3lb FC hard. I was striking and pulling fish within the limits of the rod but not babying anything.
    5. Build quality, guide spacing , components (Fuji TIC) etc all faultless.
    6. Blank has similar construction (butt to mid top section) to Evergreen Inspirare, a helical wrap which adds stiffness and nearly no extra weight. Also Nanoalloy / resin is used, making for a stronger blank.
    7. For a $350 dollar rod it's amazing value. The only rods I can compare it with are top end Evergreens - it may make many of the other JDM rods seem quite pedestrian by comparison. Many rods from the Evergreen / Olympic stable have a certain feel (or you could say design DNA) which is distinct in my experience, the Corto Prototype is no exception.

1/16th hasing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allsorts View Post
    Preliminary feedback on Graphiteleader Corto Prototype GNCPS-612L-T.

As the code indicates, L power, tubular tip. Designed for fishing aji jigs on FC or Ester.

My initial response to Randy's request about early impressions was 'words fail me...' After a few hours using mostly 1/24th heads, 3lb FC, Shimano JDM C2000 and getting some spots and a smallie of 16" (adverse bluegill conditions), my initial impressions are:

1. balance is perfect, weight and it's distribution seem to combine to make the rod seem weightless
    2. very sensitive, surprisingly stiff/ fast response but bends nicely on even small fish. At a guess, Randy might prefer the lighter model for bluegill - hollow tip on this model gives a little more usable sensitivity I think...
    4. Since I'll be using mine for real aji & bass, its L rating is perfect for fishing 3lb FC hard. I was striking and pulling fish within the limits of the rod but not babying anything.
    5. Build quality, guide spacing , components (Fuji TIC) etc all faultless.
    6. Blank has similar construction (butt to mid top section) to Evergreen Inspirare, a helical wrap which adds stiffness and nearly no extra weight. Also Nanoalloy / resin is used, making for a stronger blank.
    7. For a $350 dollar rod it's amazing value. The only rods I can compare it with are top end Evergreens - it may make many of the other JDM rods seem quite pedestrian by comparison. Many rods from the Evergreen / Olympic stable have a certain feel (or you could say design DNA) which is distinct in my experience, the Corto Prototype is no exception.

1/16th hasing
    Good review. I pulled the trigger on an 2018 Corto 6’ 10” from Rakuten to ship on 5 December. It is not as sophisticated as the Corto Prototype but I find it to be an intriguing rod for only around 220 bucks delivered to my door. Will be very interesting to see how it compares to other much higher priced Ajing rods I own. Just seems to me for a rod that weighs only 56 grams....has titanium framed guides with Sic-S inserts....made in Japan......it was a no brainer. This will probably be my last Ajing rod for a while.....I just have too many. Will be getting more Mebaru and Area trout rods.....still wanting an Evergreen.....but man they are high. Did you happen to see that Tict came out with a 10th anniversary Ice Cube? Full boron right at 700 bucks....I think I will pass on that one.....LOL.

Regards

Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Will be getting more Mebaru and Area trout rods.....
    Two questions:

1) The area trout rods I have seen are usually shorter (5-5.5') than other JDM rods. Why is that?

2) Why is the writing on JDM rods in English instead of Japanese? (I'm glad they are in English. Just wondered why.)
    Likes redfin00, John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Two questions:

1) The area trout rods I have seen are usually shorter (5-5.5') than other JDM rods. Why is that?

2) Why is the writing on JDM rods in English instead of Japanese? (I'm glad they are in English. Just wondered why.)
    Actually there are quite a few area trout rods that are 6’ 4”-6’ 7” I have seen. Major Craft Banshee....Daiwa.....Shimano....Tailwalk.....and probably more brands I am not familiar with. As to the names....LOL.....I have no clue. I have a fishing buddy who spent 4 years over there and he fished. He always complains about some of the English names they stick on some of these rods. But he did not know why either. Some of the names make sense to us and yet others make no sense at all. I do know that Japanese written word translation is tough to do. Maybe Chris from Finesse Fishing knows as he spends time over there and is in the business. In watching a lot of Japanese videos just to see a rod in action when they talk about the rod they will say the English name...and on a reel I am looking at they have a replacement cap for the reel that has a “Sinker Keeper” on it. In the video about that reel they’ll be going along in Japanese describing the reel and all of a sudden you hear “Sinker Keeper”. Why they don’t just use the Japanese term for that is beyond me.

Regards

Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Page 9 of 176 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast