HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allsorts View Post
    Hi all. Some JDM trout, aji and mebaring blanks are available from Matagi.co.jp, a long established rod building component business. The T-Russel blanks are extremely high quality and very popular in Europe and the UK. As you will see, the range of components available is mind-blowing...
    That’s good info. I saw them on Plat but never went to the full site.......lot of blanks there for sure.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hola Allsorts
    Thnx for the info! Just ordered the catalog. Might have to get back into wrapping rods......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LedHed View Post
    Hola Allsorts
    Thnx for the info! Just ordered the catalog. Might have to get back into wrapping rods......
    I'd be interested to hear if you end up ordering one or two, some interesting blanks there, especially the solid graphite ones...

Love your chub belly spins, need to tie some up and give them a whirl - just can't get the chub head jigs here in darkest Africa - will need to improvise...
    Thanks LedHed thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Alphahawk, for the recommendation to get the MajorCraft N-ONE NSL-S562AJI. I took it out today in a light-to-moderate rain in 42-degree water. Catching was very slow (a perch and a smallie) but what an amazing rod!! I can't believe how light it is. I may have to wait until April to really get a good read on it, because we're probably three weeks from ice-fishing season here in Maine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moses Nebo View Post
    Thanks, Alphahawk, for the recommendation to get the MajorCraft N-ONE NSL-S562AJI. I took it out today in a light-to-moderate rain in 42-degree water. Catching was very slow (a perch and a smallie) but what an amazing rod!! I can't believe how light it is. I may have to wait until April to really get a good read on it, because we're probably three weeks from ice-fishing season here in Maine.
    Glad you like it. Major Craft makes a great rod for the money. I’m seriously thinking of getting another Truzer in case mine breaks.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the interest Allsorts. Probably cheaper to pour your own jig heads. Too bad you aren't in central Cali now - close to Lake Havasu and here...

MC has been doing Ultra Lite stuff for a very long time. Their rods are amazing - a great tool for UL fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to a video on the drag checker.
    Likes murdok, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've just ordered a Graphiteleader Cort Nuovo Ajing jigging rod, 6'1" 3lb/4g with the tubular tip. It's got the same blank tech as some of the Evergreen bass rods (Super Quattro cloth) which I've liked. No twist, super fast recovery. Nanoalloy will hopefully help prevent breakage...it'll be the lightest rod I own. As per Alphahawk, I'll try some esther line as well as 3lb FC which I've found fishes very well with tiny Keitch jigs. Last time I used 3lb FC I had a 8-9lb largemouth come up, stick her head out of the water 10' from my kickboat and spit out my tiny Keitech Guard Spin jig because I didn't set the hook properly. Not sure you can on 3lb...?

Name:  Nuovo-CORTO-PROTOTYPE.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  9.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allsorts View Post
    I've just ordered a Graphiteleader Cort Nuovo Ajing jigging rod, 6'1" 3lb/4g with the tubular tip. It's got the same blank tech as some of the Evergreen bass rods (Super Quattro cloth) which I've liked. No twist, super fast recovery. Nanoalloy will hopefully help prevent breakage...it'll be the lightest rod I own. As per Alphahawk, I'll try some esther line as well as 3lb FC which I've found fishes very well with tiny Keitch jigs. Last time I used 3lb FC I had a 8-9lb largemouth come up, stick her head out of the water 10' from my kickboat and spit out my tiny Keitech Guard Spin jig because I didn't set the hook properly. Not sure you can on 3lb...?

Name:  Nuovo-CORTO-PROTOTYPE.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  9.7 KB
    Interested to hear your thoughts on it. I have my eye on the 610 model of that rod or the new Super Finezza.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Things sure have changed or become much more "precision".

I can remember my grandfather when I was small had 1 fishing rod that was maybe 5' long with a bait cast reel and braided cotton (I think that was what it was) fishing line and used it for everything from bluegill to river cats as that was the only outfit he owned! Tackle consisted of some different size hooks, a few cork floats and some different size lead weights and he was set!

And here I am with who knows how much money tied up and my grandfather always caught a mess of fish when he went with his array of tackle!

I think modern fishing is as much or more about catching the fisherman than it is about catching fish! lol!
    Likes JET4, Cropduster1968, zig zag, redfin00 LIKED above post

Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast