Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado river rolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colorado river rolling

Supposed to be a couple more weeks before they close the flood gates. My little lake is a roaring river. Figure every bit of brush will be stacked up at the downstream dam (smile). Guess I need to start making some crappie condos so they have someplace to hang out. At least I will know where they are. Never thought I would not be on Lake Austin in late October. Really looking forward to November.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes skiptomylu LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I love making new brush piles. It's a pain when making them but when you drop them the feeling you get is the best and out weighs the pain of making them as they produce!
    Good luck and happy fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Making them is fairly easy as we have lots of bamboo available. 6-8 sticks of 8 foot bamboo in concrete blocks with 1/2 bag of wet sacrete to secure them works great. Light enough to load and unload at the fishing spot but heavy enough to drop close to where they are pushed over. They will not stay in place with 4 floodgates open but will be just fine when it gets down to one. Thanks for your supporting message.

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime! I build mine out of old Xmas trees that people throw out after Xmas. Usually build about ten each year. If you need coords on Somerville or Lake Houston let know! I only share with good people with good comments!
    Likes dhaire, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabSlider View Post
    Anytime! I build mine out of old Xmas trees that people throw out after Xmas. Usually build about ten each year. If you need coords on Somerville or Lake Houston let know! I only share with good people with good comments!
    Now that is the nicest thing I have heard in a long time. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

I dropped a really nice concrete and pecan condo just this week …...but I aint sharing where ...so there ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t need your condos as I had plenty and will have plenty more. Need your sage advice and perspectives on catching our Texas crappie. Your stories, photos, and insight on jigs has helped me tremendously and for that I am thankful. Come down to Austin sometime and I will show you as many condos as you want to see.

Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dhaire I'll bet those crappie on your lake are stacked in whatever slack water areas you have on your lake....
    I'll have to deal with chocolate milk and current this w-end during a tourney on my lake.....
    Good luck out there and stay at'um....
    Likes skiptomylu LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    Dhaire I'll bet those crappie on your lake are stacked in whatever slack water areas you have on your lake....
    I'll have to deal with chocolate milk and current this w-end during a tourney on my lake.....
    Good luck out there and stay at'um....
    Not sure about all lakes, but I do know on this lake when they have to open the flood gates the crappie don't bit well at all. We have had that 2 of the last 3 years and totally sucks!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

on my home lake it is the same if the gates are open the crappie have lock jaw. you can hit them on the head and they still wont bite. other issue is that right now there are no ramps open to drop in a boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast