HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catching more on DI

Post Thanks / Like

I run split all the time... A sliver of map, 2D and DI. Here is a good example of 2D cone vs DI beam. 2D needed refining.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Blackjeepjk, Grappler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    Your DI images will clear up once the thermoclines and algae/plankton blooms are done for the year ...

455kHz will also clear the DI image somewhat (higher frequencies tend to show particulate more prominent) ...

Press the check mark button ✔️ to change thru the available frequencies ...

Rickie
    I'll give it a try Rickie. Thanks for the tip on the CM button. I assume that I have to make sure the DI is the active pane?

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjeepjk View Post
    I'll give it a try Rickie. Thanks for the tip on the CM button. I assume that I have to make sure the DI is the active pane?
    Correct ... The check mark button ✔️ changes the frequency of the active sonar pane ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Likes Redge, IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it today. Worked like a charm! The only problem I had was I'us so excited to go fishing that I left my sd card in the puter so I couldn't record anything. Had a good day though
    Thanks for all the help
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The + - buttons are also a shortcut for changing sensitivity. Its a handy tool for refining images...

Post Thanks / Like

My new Helix 7 GPS/ Chirp SI will be Here next week, But, I have spent lots of hours on U-Tube watching anything On Side Scan on bigger units as well as the 7 --- Some have their cameras set for the screen and you can not see what is being Pressed to make those changes of what is on the Screen --- the Better ones where you can see what is being done is on Helix 10 --- another thing about the 10 is when you put the Tape Measure up to the Laptop you are looking at 7 Inches. So, it is just like seeing the 7 in front of You... Spend a little time on U-Tube and You will get the Clear Image you wish you always had... It only takes a couple of minutes on the lake to get the unit doing what it was designed to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I am dialed in now. I think it is a combination of all the help from members on adjusting my settings as well as some water clarity as it's cooling down. I'll try to pull some pictures next time I'm out but scanning in SI to find them then switching over to 2d/DI and sitting on top of them is putting limits in my boat. Couldn't be happier with numbers.........now to target size!

Post Thanks / Like

I am using DI more because of this thread, SI I still struggle with. I was pretty much sitting still and could see a tree under me. I still struggle with how far that object is behind me as your moving. I only have a Helix 5 at the console

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoe View Post
    I am using DI more because of this thread, SI I still struggle with. I was pretty much sitting still and could see a tree under me. I still struggle with how far that object is behind me as your moving. I only have a Helix 5 at the console

the easiest way to find the distance is to activate the cursor with the arrow button and put the cursor on the object ( you can also mark a waypoint with the active cursor over the objects). The unit will give you the distance of object. This works for si/di /2d
    Last edited by BeerRun; 10-24-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I will give that a try - thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast