HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to Marshall county

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of moving to Marshall county

I am fed up with Louisville. We are approaching 60 yrs and love our lake time. Looking for property near the lake. I know several on here live in the area. Can you kind folks advise me on areas to avoid and such? Not unlike asking for honey holes, but need to know if there are better areas to live and we are on a budget. We want a small garden and access to woods and water. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is not the place to ask

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Killum! I live on the south end of the county by Hardin. I don't know what your budget is like but the closer to the lake, the higher the cost. I'm about 5 miles from Aurora and modest homes are the norm. Toward the north end around Calvert City you have several "plants" everybody works at and traffic at certain times of the day is pretty heavy. Not really a lot of crime like the big cities but do have some thieving that goes on about anywhere around here. Folks are friendly for the most part and make good neighbors. All in all, it's a pretty nice place to live.
    Thanks killum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Moved everything to Marshall county from Illinois last year best thing I have done. Great area wonderful people. Good fishing close to everything you need Between Murray and Paducah
    I also have a house for sale close to the lake with a slip in the community dock.
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team
    Likes Northforker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killum View Post
    I am fed up with Louisville. We are approaching 60 yrs and love our lake time. Looking for property near the lake. I know several on here live in the area. Can you kind folks advise me on areas to avoid and such? Not unlike asking for honey holes, but need to know if there are better areas to live and we are on a budget. We want a small garden and access to woods and water. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is not the place to ask

I bought a full time home near Moors resort a year ago May. Love our neighbors and neighborhood ! Area of Taft & Dusty trail.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Northforker, Hotpepper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. Our first trip down was to Moors and it has been great in that area for us too

"There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

Post Thanks / Like

With the current situation with the Asian Carp, a lot of folks are pulling up stakes and property is going up for sale everywhere.
    The future lies in the hands of those way above us in government. From my understanding, I haven't seen a public sector millionaire donating to radiate these fish.
    We are all at the mercy of our government right now. Only time will tell...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandchaser View Post
    With the current situation with the Asian Carp, a lot of folks are pulling up stakes and property is going up for sale everywhere.
    The future lies in the hands of those way above us in government. From my understanding, I haven't seen a public sector millionaire donating to radiate these fish.
    We are all at the mercy of our government right now. Only time will tell...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks bandchaser. I've been watching this as well. I don't know what will happen but it will play out eventually. I hope we have a decent fishery for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of moving to Marshall county

You could move to the farside of Taylorsville Lake, and have some isolation and easy access to both cities. No Asian Carp issues either. I couldn't see buying property on KY lake or the Ohio, due to the damage that the carp have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Eric
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We moved from the Louisville area two years ago. I'm down here in Lyon County, in Kuttawa. The fishing has certainly declined a bit...I'm talking bluegill/redear/crappie.

I know why you are wanting out of the Louisville rat race, been there, done that!! Let me say, food options are not nearly as plentiful. You will have to go to Paducah for major shopping/food. Paducah's exit 4 is akin to Clarksville over in Indiana. You have tons and tons of food/shopping.

Marshall County, I really like, we've talked about moving over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback on the food and shopping. One thing I have noticed is Barkley side has less options for shopping also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast