HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helix 10 problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Helix 10 problem

I’m out on the lake and my Helix 10 on the bow is showing nothing but maps. No sonar, no DI, no nothing other than maps. Of course they’re closed until Tuesday. I’ve turned the unit off and on several times but it hasn’t changed anything. I even disconnected the cord bundle and hooked it back up but no good.

Can I hook the unit to my Mega transducer to check and see if it’s a ducer issue or is there just something wrong with the unit and it’ll have to go back?

Post Thanks / Like

My helix 7 just did the same thing. I did a factory reset and it went back to working. I didn’t lose anything doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Just have to pick mega transducer in set up. It's a gen 2

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have cut the sonar off and just have the mapping GPS part on. Now on my HB 899 while already on I push the on off button lightly and a screen comes up the says to turn on or off sonar. So you would need to turn sonar back on. hope this helps you.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Which trolling motor you got it hooked to, mine did that and it was the connector in the head of the motor came loose, I have an ultrex.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Furflyin ... Did turning Sonar on or Restore Defaults (that the guys above suggested) fix your issue ...??

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I did the "restore default" and it started working but it's still doing goofy things. I was running the sonar/map split screen. I was fishing in 4-8 FOW and the depth reading would sometimes read 666.7 feet. It would "stack" levels of the sonar screen on top of each other. At other times it would show 16 feet deep in 8 FOW and show a double image on the sonar side.

Lee, did you register the unit? If I have to send it back I don't know what they do with used units.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks IceNitro thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious--do you by chance have a 'keel-offset' entered? My old core unit did exactly what yours is when I had that offset entered.

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I did the "restore default" and it started working but it's still doing goofy things. I was running the sonar/map split screen. I was fishing in 4-8 FOW and the depth reading would sometimes read 666.7 feet. It would "stack" levels of the sonar screen on top of each other. At other times it would show 16 feet deep in 8 FOW and show a double image on the sonar side.

Lee, did you register the unit? If I have to send it back I don't know what they do with used units.
    No idea. Marina installed it. Hummus nbird will have record
    Thanks FurFlyin thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast