HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Auction Night and other ramblings

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe’s has kingsford charcoal two 18 pound bags for $12.97

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Home Depot has the same for$9.88! Go get 'em!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown
    Thanks canebreaker thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If I had dollar bills for fifty cents, somebody else would have them for a quarter. Auction Night and other ramblings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes Speck, armyman, canebreaker, stormcloud LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Lowe’s has kingsford charcoal two 18 pound bags for $12.97

My ad shows $9.88

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canebreaker View Post
    My ad shows $9.88
    Yep....they brought it down to meet Home Depots price
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Friday night's auction was a bunch of old stuff, 3 estate sales. Mostly kitchen stuff. I didn't buy anything. There was a double dresser I liked. I stopped bidding at $40 and it sold for $95.
    Nate was the seller Saturday night. A bunch of returns and junk. He had 12 cases of eggs with a 08/25/2018 expiration date that sold for $1 per dozen and he sold them all. Eggs are .59 and .69 per dozen in the stores. Shows that people don't shop and compare. He had about 4 dozen fishing rods, all with the tops broke off, they sold for $15 each. A lot were returned after the buyer inspected them, they went on a table deal.
    At the beginning of the auction you can bring items for bid, you pay the auctioneer 20% for the sell. I bought a RV AC shroud for $5, now to see if I can make it fit mine. They are $175 online.
    Likes Dutchman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canebreaker View Post
    My ad shows $9.88
    Just went to Lowe’s to pick up some other stuff and they marked it down to $9.97

Post Thanks / Like

Good buy on charcoal all around, have to get out and get a bag or six. This auction stuff seems to be peddling a bunch of junk, week old eggs, old cans of tuna for coon bait and so and so on. Seems like an act in futility to me to drive clear over to Tunica to see what next batch of junk is hauled in and auctioned off to the unsuspecting masses. I could be wrong though, any diamonds in the rough ever found at these things? Or is this more a hobby type / collector circuit. Did work at the Southaven Arena this year they run all the flea baggers off, err flea market salesman and made room for youth volleyball, where did the new flea market go, I can't recall..
    Likes armyman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I first heard the flea market would be at the bowling alley at hwy 51 and Stateline rd. Now it's at the Tunica outlet mall once per month, some inside and mostly in the parking lot. It's this weekend so I'd say the first weekend of each month.
    Some of the buyers have resell stores at the outlet mall and other locations, some buy to sell at other auctions, flea markets and trade days. Poppy has Smart Buys store and Zack's bid online auction at the mall. Porky has an online auction.
    I don't buy any food that's out of date. Cereal will have a couple of months or more, will be eaten before it runs out. The tuna has a 10/2020 date. It looks finely chopped and we won't eat it. We buy the high dollar tuna when we find it on sale and stock up.
    Cutting my daughter's yard this week a neighbor came over to talk. He saw 8 raccoons come out of the storm drain in front of the house and go in the back yard. Said he helped another neighbor last week, there were 2 large bowls of catfood on his patio and 12 little raccoons in the backyard. I'll be setting the traps there this week. Told him to tell other neighbors to keep their cats up for about a month. By city code they are suppose to be on leash.

Post Thanks / Like

That was it, they were supposed to go to the old bowling alley. It's a church now though. Good luck with all those coons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast