HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 163 of 215 FirstFirst ... 63113153160161162163164165166173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2150

Thread: Uncle Don's coffeehouse 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Movie? I figured you would break out the boot cut jeans, giant belt buckle and 55 gallon hat and take her line dancing. Yeeha.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Tested the truck transmission, Saturday & Sunday. Worked well both times.

Went 2/2 @ Muskegon in the morning, and then 0/1 with the wife Saturday evening.

Pulled lines @ 8pm, and then motored into Muskgon, to Heritage Landing. The Unity Christian Rock Festival, was wrapping up, and the last act was on at 8:45. She got to watch "For King & Country" preform.
    She was going to go with a friend, and those plan fell apart, so I thought it would be a nice surprise. Got a hold of a friend who lives on Muskegon, asked if we could hear the concert from the boat.

Well he filled me in on where to go to see the "Big Screen", so that is where we went. We anchored where she could see the big screen, hear the music, sing along, and I scored BONUS BROWNIE POINTS for future fishing.......

Sunday, I ended up with Skillet, we went back to Muskegon, and ended up 2/4.
    the two we lost were not our fault, and are attributing them to equipment malfunction, and though not our fault. So we were really 2/2. Skillet had a Diver get hit, he grabs the rod, looks at me and goes "I'm setting the hook" and give it a YANK" Hook is set right? Well its tugging and fighting, and we realized that the stupid diver did not release. IT popped to the surface, and when it released it created slack, and the fish was gone. Was a nice fish from what we saw of it.

Then it was some ribbing on my part, then what happens. A rigger on my side goes off. Getting it close to the boat, and then NOTHING! the line broke, but it was about 47 foot from the tackle. I lost a paddle, meat rig, and a spoon. Oh yeah, then we think that the "Slider" slid down got tangled, into the line, created a crease, and broke the line. Mental note, No sliders unless they have a leader of some sort.
    Skillet's sitting there contemplating what to say and I said it first. "Well, its your turn, you should be picking on me by now." and we laughed & he commenced.

A little later a Slide diver goes off and I have a Greaser/Mud Chicken/Lake Trout, one in the box.

We decided to pull lines, and Skillet has another greaser on his down rigger. No idea how long we had been dragging that thing around, but now 2 in the box.

Was a riot, lots of ribbing, karma, and some rolling on the back deck laughing.......from one simple question...... You must ask Kevin in person for that story.......
    I myself was on the back deck LAUGHING at the answer.

We also spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, in our conversations, from truck mirrors, to graphs, what we need to catch fish, how our dream boat's are designed, and designed out, and networked, etc.
    Correction, maybe it was a couple hundred thousand...... lol

In all a good time,

OE

PS Ready2Fish, Skillet & I want a ride in your boat on a regular day @ Lake Mi to see how it compares. You should have plenty of time. Assuming you can get that dang door done.........
    Steve picks on me for how long it took me to get my garage done, and you have been at this slider how long?????????? Much longer and your going to make me look like I know what I'm doing.........

Imaging that.....

OE
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron, when I get back from Nashville, I'll show you how to build a good slider rig. Also, there is a commercial one I used to run that would go fixed or slider mode. I used that a ton in the fixed position as I could pin my top bait exactly how far above my rigger ball.
    Likes OneidaEagle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Isla seems to enjoy daycareName:  img_2018_08_14_13_22_27.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  62.1 KB
    Likes "D", Just Steve, Redge, "G", OneidaEagle, vbottom, kycreek LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty grin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks spartannation thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

They'll be back in Michigan for Labor Day and I get to babysit Friday night so they can go to the Michigan State football game. I hope I have enough toys to keep her happy.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pick

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Time to make the coffee. Then it's off to Morrison Lake with Jeff and his daughters boyfriend to catch some crappie. Should be a good day on the water.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Some times it’s little things.......

My master window switch has not worked on the passenger side in a LONG ASH time..............

I would have Steve roll down the window to tell people “It’s on my plates” when going to Muskegon.

Well, the drivers side was starting to get funky as well, and would not go up sometimes.

Well today I switched it out and all windows work..........

I like simple, I’m going to sit back, and have a Cheshire Cat Grin all weekend.......

Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021

Post Thanks / Like

This one in Manistique, very close to my old home.....
    Looks like it slipped off its roller trailer

Name:  IMG_9420.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9421.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  87.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube