HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rod issue - Denali

Post Thanks / Like

Keep trying. Denali customer service has been great with me each time I've called. Tips break easy and they always replace free.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod issue - Denali

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    For me, I would want them to fade as dark yellow/brown as possible. Something that blends in really well with my surroundings. Y’all think my t-top is easy to spot? I can see y’all fishing those white flag poles from a quarter mile away on every hookset.Rod issue - DenaliRod issue - DenaliRod issue - Denali

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Yup. I love those white poles, aka flags. I don’t use em but I’m glad to SEE them when someone else does. Rod issue - Denali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes blueball, Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Had mine since September, love em, but they are that cream color.

Post Thanks / Like

Well just an FYI for anyone else that has this issue and wants it rectified.....you can have them replaced for a mere $20 per pole plus shipping both ways. So it will cost me about $150 to replace 6 poles that are 9 months old and have a manufactures defect that they are totally aware of. Love the poles but sometimes customer service sure goes a long way.
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a reason the rods are so expensive? Made in USA ?

Post Thanks / Like

Curious as to what they would do with the rods if someone turned them in? The change in color doesn't bother me, I do see your point though, pay top dollar for a rod they should not fade in such a short amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Snubby I am curious about that myself. As I looked a little further it is a bit misleading when you look at their warranty page vs. the actual form to send them back (both of which I have attached. You will notice when you go to the warranty page it plainly states they will repair or replace at no charge for the first year.....but when you go to print the form off it says there is a $20 per rod fee. For a company selling a $70+ trolling rod I think that's a little over the top. Sure I could see them expecting you to pay shipping to them (which you have to do that too) but not charging a "per rod" fee on top of it.

Name:  Denali warranty page.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  denali warranty form.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  43.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

There covering their butts, if they would take the all these discolored rods and send out replacements at no cost to the customer other then shipping they would stand to lose a pretty penny I'm sure. They probably consider the flaw purely cosmetic and don't think they should take a beating on it, just leave the customers to go pound sand. We get about 500 canebreakers beating down there door and we may get some answers..! I got a great deal on all the rods I bought thru an individual, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth though, some of these companies just flat out refuse to admit fault and eat their mistake, too many to name now days!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod issue - Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    There covering their butts, if they would take the all these discolored rods and send out replacements at no cost to the customer other then shipping they would stand to lose a pretty penny I'm sure. They probably consider the flaw purely cosmetic and don't think they should take a beating on it, just leave the customers to go pound sand. We get about 500 canebreakers beating down there door and we may get some answers..! I got a great deal on all the rods I bought thru an individual, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth though, some of these companies just flat out refuse to admit fault and eat their mistake, too many to name now days!
    ^^^^^ And that my friends is why I choose BnM Poles. Their customer service is Unsurpassed, and their willingness to support EVERY Crappie fishing organization that asks of them, as well as the multiple models of poles for every style of crappie fishing, keeps me going back to them. I’ve tried several of the Flash In The Pan brands, but BnM’s Customer and Community SERVICE makes me proud to do business with them.

We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Thanks Snagged again, "G" thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    ^^^^^ And that my friends is why I choose BnM Poles. Their customer service is Unsurpassed, and their willingness to support EVERY Crappie fishing organization that asks of them, as well as the multiple models of poles for every style of crappie fishing, keeps me going back to them. I’ve tried several of the Flash In The Pan brands, but BnM’s Customer and Community SERVICE makes me proud to do business with them.

I told this exact thing to Wade at Grizzly yesterday....not sure it will matter how good these rods are performance wise, if when folks do have problems its handled like this. Case in point with Millenium products....had one of my seats pull loose at one of the seams and a small issue on one of my Spyderlok holders.....Yes, I had to pay shipping to get back to them but they replaced it and shipped it back to me no questions asked which is how a company should handle it.

Defects with products are going to happen and I am ok with that, but what you do after that as a company is what really sets the tone for your future. And having to pay right at 30% of the original price to get a product replaced that has a defect is a big turn off for me. I know its extreme but that's like me going out and buying a new boat for $50k and 9 months in the paint starts fading in certain spots. Does it still run and handle and fish the same??? Yep, but shouldn't look like that and I sure wouldn't want to pay $15k to have it fixed.

All in all, its just a lesson learned. I seem to be in the minority of those that it bothers about the fading but sometimes i'm just particular about things I buy. Now its time to just take a deep breath and go fishing(with my faded poles)!!!
    Likes Redge, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast