HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LET RESTORE BEGIN

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, I got a little bit done today. I got to have breakfast with momma this morning as she was in town for a delivery and had a few hours free before having to rush down to Fayettevill, Ark. to pick up another load. Sure was great. Then came home and broke out the Mapp Gas and aluminum rods and comenced to plugging some holes. It's a bit tricky,and I'm not very good at it, but they are water tight. Found a couple places where rivits are missing just under the top rail, but a pop rivit should take care of that. 92 deg.'s out today...a real nice hot one. Well, thats it for today. Sorry no picks todayy, but will get some of the finished plugs tomorrow if it don't rain on us, which my grass is crying for. Well everyone have a wonderful evening. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update for you all, I took some time away from the build. I had some chores to do here at the house, then momma came in this last week-end and it was get her squared away to go back out again. I took yesterday and today to relax and recuperate. Tomorrow is bill paying and lots of running around to get that done. Michael called and said the motor was ready so it wont be bong and I'll have that back. Still need to do the flotation foam, secure the seats in and put the bilge pump in. I have the pump it's self, just need the install kit. So there's still the chance it will be wet this year...stay tuned, more to come. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You’re almost there. Can’t wait to see the finished product

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Speck. Pretty soon. Still want to put in the front deck, Have to get a trolling motor, and of coarse the batteries too. But it's comming along. May hold of on painting the trailer if it gets to late in the year. No garage or protection to paint in so it wont be happening over the winter for sure. Just one step at a time and she will be right. But no new paint on the trailer wont keep me from putting it in the water this year. Thanks for reading and commenting. Always good to get feed back on the progress. Thanks again. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Stay the course, Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was the boat rebuild. But, the Romans ate fresh fish during their project, as will you.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reminder SpeckeledSlab.Sometimes we need a little reminding. Eric,AKA"jamesdean".
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good Friday morning to everyone. I want to thank everyone for reading, commenting and following along on my adventure/ mis-adventures of working on my boat. I haven't done much this last week or so as I stated before as I had some honey does and other stuff to do and this got shuffled to the back burner for a bit. Before I get started on this again, I want to share a bit of an other area I stumbled into in the area of fishing. Now we all have had a rod or two, at some given time or other, that the eye windings have needed some care, or replacement. I have an old rod I believe belonged to my now deceased brother I found at my sisters house. She said she was saving it for me. Well after being banged around and moved across the country, California to Florida, by her, it is in dire need of some new windings. I have played with the thought of making a rod or two also, so I used some scraps I had out in the shop, then visited my local Lowe's for the hardware, and came up with this,Name:  IMG_20180803_064646.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  71.1 KBName:  IMG_20180803_064351.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  76.4 KBName:  IMG_20180803_064600.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  47.4 KB.
    Now it's not real fancy or nothing, and yes I know the tensioner upright is off a bit, but I think it will fix up my old rods real nice, and a couple of longer ones I've been wanting to see if I could make. Nice little diversion from the boat build and productive at the same time. Thanks for looking, and as always, comments are welcome. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Well hello everyone,
    I got a bit done on the boat today. Don't think I'm done for the day, but taking a lunch break. I have been contemplating how I was going to mount a trolling motor to the bow of the boat, and I came to the decision to mount a small deck up on top in the bow. No not one to stand on, but for the motor, Lights and a tie down or dock cleat if you will, and that's what I have been working on this morning. Went out to Michaels and paid half of what I owe him for doing the motor. He said it needed a bit more than he thought it would, Now if I can get the money owed me from something else, I can pick it up. If not then it will be around the 3rd of next month. It still needs the carb set for actually running at speed, as his tank wont handle the motor running at speed. Idles good and he said it might be all right, and if it does need adjustment it would probably be very minor. He's very pleased with it. If I remember right it needed both coils, plugs, carb needed cleaning bad, he replaced the glass fuel bowl with an in-line filter, both plug wires, all fuel hoses, resealed the bottom end, and replaced the shear pin as the one in it was bent.
    About what I figured it would need after sitting in a barn for twenty plus years, and not being prepped for the storage. Not bad for a $100.00 purchase price. Even after what it cost to get the work done, it still isn't a forth of what a used motor would have cost at a boat/ motor shop some where...I'm happy and that's what counts.Still have three hours to wait to sand the varnish, and apply another coat...here's some picks of the front deck...enjoy.Name:  IMG_20180805_122503.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  57.5 KBName:  IMG_20180805_122453.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  84.6 KBName:  IMG_20180805_115741.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  85.4 KBName:  IMG_20180805_115730.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  62.0 KBName:  IMG_20180805_110145.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  84.4 KBName:  IMG_20180805_110124.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  72.4 KB. Sorry they are in reverse order as to where I am right now. The cleat is just sitting on there, no holes drilled yet. I was just trying to see where I wanted to mount it. I will also be installing the bilge pump and installation kit after I get the second coat of varnish on the wood. then the foam under the seats, A light kit, fire ext. and I should be ready for the lake...Pretty soon I hope...Well till later everyone. Hope you all enjoy the weekend and tight lines. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Folks,
    Well the second coat is on the front deck, and the bilge water export hole and hose is in. I have the bilge pump but no battery, so after I cool off a bit I'll go connect it to the hose and see how I'm going to run the wire up to where I'm going to put the Battery box...Temp here is in the 90's and working in direct sun light feels a lot closer to 110 deg...Butt we getting it done...lots of water...well that's it for now. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with my better half, She's up headed for Sterling Heights, Ill to pick here load up to go back to the yard near Saint Louis...any way, Seeings how I recieved a donation of a fish finder from ripnlips for my boat, ( unbenoinced momma had that ear marked for Christmas...ech-oh...), she has decided to get me a trolling motor for Christmas, especially when I told her it was cheaper, cost wise than the fish finder she was going to get. I'll get that Hummingbird Helix 7" SI unit in march for my Birthday, just watch...hehehehehe!. Just so long as I bring her fresh fish,( and not from the market...) when I go fishing....that's right.Eric,AKA "jamesdean". WOO-HOO!!!!!. COme on Santa Claus, is it Christmas yet???? Thank you again ripnlips...can't thank you enough brother...Eric

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast