Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA/FL Crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default GA/FL Crappie fishing

Well the time is drawing near. I have finally signed a contract and my first day to start the new job is 9/4/18. Will probably have to go to Tallahassee for a couple weeks for orientation/training, but will be working in Thomasville once that is done. Plan to bring my tracker with me to learn the ropes of fall crappie fishing in So. GA and No. FL. Hopefully it will be a lot like fall fishing in KY and the learning curve will not be too bad. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Looking forward to making new fishing friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    If you were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you??

Former Navy Corpsman

Post Thanks / Like

you will have several good lakes close to you from Thomasville/Tallahasee. Lake Talquin west of tallahasee is a good lake just south of Quincy. Lake just the other side of bainbridge but can't remember the name of it. And then Lake blackshear just west of Cordele at georgia veterans state park. about 6 or 8 miles west of Cordele on Hwy. 280-300 crosses the south end of lake. I normally fish Lake Blackshear, they have rv campground or condo's or cabin's for rent.
    Likes Brimfisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

​Not far from Lake Seminole, excellent fishery.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds Lake Talquin is going to be closest to you. Check the safety precautions and get with Lite Wire Hooker for your jighead needs. I've never been there just read a lot about it.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Planning a slab together at Ingrams marina at lake Talquin 10 November. Come join us
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by litewirehooker View Post
    Planning a slab together at Ingrams marina at lake Talquin 10 November. Come join us
    Thank you for the invite. I will have to check dates. Got a couple tournaments in Oct and Nov. if no conflicts will try to come.

If you were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you??

Former Navy Corpsman

Brimfisher is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you can make it. Be good to meet you. I'm about 35 miles. East of Thomasville in Hahira. We might could do some fishing.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Create Memories Worth Repeating, Go Fishing With Your Dad.
    www.brimfisherjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I will be staying with a friend in Quitman until we see how the job goes and how the company is to work with. Figured that was a better option before selling our house in Ky and buying another. From looking at the map, it looks like I will be within 2 hrs from a bunch of different lakes. My tracker is set up to spyder rig. What is the best lake maps to use? I have Lakemaster Southeast but didnt see Talquin on it. Only saw part of Seminole. Neither looked like they were in HD. I really like having a map to use especially on new water.

Former Navy Corpsman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfisher View Post
    I hope you can make it. Be good to meet you. I'm about 35 miles. East of Thomasville in Hahira. We might could do some fishing.

I checked the tournament dates. Crappie USA Classic is 10/3-10/6 and the Ky/Barkley Tournament is 11/2-11/3 so unless I have a work obligation or something like that I think I will be able to come. And yes, we might could do some fishing. Always nice to learn from someone that knows the lake. I plan to bring my tracker to fish with for a while. Leaving the Triton TA 196 in Ky so my boy can fish and get ready for the tournaments. Plan to bring it down to fish this fall/winter after we fish (and hopefully win haha) the tournaments in Ky.

Former Navy Corpsman
    Likes Brimfisher LIKED above post

Brimfisher is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you with maps or really any thing to high tech. I'm a pretty low tech fisherman. I normally long line, but have been shooting docks and bridges on Blackahear the little bit I got to fish this year.

Create Memories Worth Repeating, Go Fishing With Your Dad.
    www.brimfisherjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast