HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHERE TO REFILL MEDICAL OXYGEN BOTTLES NORTH MISSISSIPPI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    Cheap and flow rate,0-4 lpm is the one i use.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Me too, can run minners for a week with an E bottle
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default WHERE TO REFILL MEDICAL OXYGEN BOTTLES NORTH MISSISSIPPI

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    Why is the pediatric regulator the preferred choice? I'm sure there is a reason for it.
    Both style regulators work the same. I’ve just got used to using the pediatrics in the 1/32 measurements. I’ve used the others tho. The flow rates on the pediatric are lower than the regular ones. I just bought 3 new pediatrics on Amazon for 69.00 delivered. The seals in them do wear out causing them to leak your oxygen out really quickly. I bang mine around in the truck and boat a lot also which isn’t really good for em. I always dip mine in the water to check for leaks (also not good for them). Make sure you buy some spare seal gaskets. They need replacing every other bottle or MAYBE 3. If by chance you know someone using medical oxygen, they can save you their extra seal gaskets. They are usually the gray plastic ones. I use the brass/rubber ones.

One more thing. USE A CERAMIC OXYGEN DIFFUSER, not an air stone. The ceramic diffusers cause back pressure on the bottle using 1/10th less oxygen that an air stone uses plus the bubbles are much smaller allowing the water to absorb much more oxygen. Used two or three days a week, I can get a month or so out of a D bottle if there aren’t any leaks. Running 24/7 when I haul my own bait to a tourney, an E bottle will last about a week, but I also have a 110v medical oxygen machine for when I get to where I’m going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 07-21-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gaint_71 View Post
    Got any suggestions then?
    Find a buddy with a medical supply shop that will hook you up or someone that has a prescription for oxygen that can exchange them for you. I’m lucky. I sold a boat to a guy that has a medical supply shop. He even delivers to my shop. Just got 5 D bottles and 3 M6 (Small) bottles exchanged. I have 4 E bottles, 9 D bottles, and 7 M6 bottles plus a 110v oxygen machine.

I also have a connection for you guys near Greenville MS.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Bill.... Why not just use welding and cutting grade oxygen ? I mean ...Does it really matter to the fish ? Or for that matter...could you even use Scuba diving oxygen ?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Question Bill.... Why not just use welding and cutting grade oxygen ? I mean ...Does it really matter to the fish ? Or for that matter...could you even use Scuba diving oxygen ?
    You can use that but the welding bottles weigh a ton and are much more bulky and difficult to stow in a boat. Not sure about diving stuff, but I do know that Oxygen is Oxygen. It’s just how you transport it.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How about calling a fish hatchery and seeing where they get oxygen as I bout fish to stock in pond and they bagged them in plastic bags filled with oxygen to transport. Just a thought.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Medical and industrial oxygen are the same. Comes out of same tank. When you fill medical oxygen you must check purity with a analyzer to make sure that it test 99.999 pure. I believe that everyone wants to use the small medical bottles because they are small and easy to handle. You need to be careful when trans-filling from larger tank to small tank, you will feel the tanks getting warm and can damage your cylinders. Slow filling to equalize pressure is best.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

You used compressed air for diving not oxygen.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Deep divers use oxygen.

Post Thanks / Like

I fill my own off of my welding oxygen bottles. You can only fill to equal pressure in the large tank but beats the hassle of trying to get them filled.

You can also buy a regulator from Boyd's that will fit right into a welding oxygen tank, these tanks come in all sizes. You can lease a small oxygen tank from Airgas or purchase one. You will have to go back to airgas to get it filled each time. You exchange the empty bottle each time for a filled bottle. Airgas will take care of making sure the DOT stamp is current.

You can buy the fittings to fill medical and welding bottles. I can fill both, you can buy or lease the small welding oxygen tanks from 20" to as big as you want. When I pull one of my large oxygen bottles down I finish it off keeping minnows at my place alive or using it up on the cutting torch. I keep one large tank full at all times.

It is best to buy the fill fittings and gauge from someone like Boyd's. These must have the proper pressure ratings. Make sure and don't have any grease, oil or petroleum products around the fittings and Do Not Smoke Around Oxygen!

Boyd's One Stop Fishing Store has everything that you need. They have a Facebook page.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SlabMeister; 07-25-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    Thanks "G", canebreaker thanked you for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast