HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 151 of 215 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2150

Thread: Uncle Don's coffeehouse 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Oh...how'd the camping turn out? Ya ride the bull?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.
    Likes Just Steve LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Steve View Post
    That weekend went fast

Anybody go fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

No Comment......... other than,

Lets just say reports for Franken Crappie, up and down the West Coast of Michigan are not stellar by any means at this time.

Everyone else, made the drive over to Saginaw.
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I went. Contrary to what people would think, it WASN'T walleye fishing!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    I went. Contrary to what people would think, it WASN'T walleye fishing!
    Clarification:

When I said "Everyone else, made the drive over to Saginaw" it was in reference to NON C.C Members that I know. Most people from an alternate forum went to Saginaw.

I did try to get others to go, I text Just Steve, Skillet007, and Ready2Fish.

Just Steve was busy in Ionia, heard he kept riding that bull, & calling the Bull Becky, just as well, both are equally hairy & weigh about the same, but the Bull smell's nicer.

Skillet007, was already in bed, or at leas he say's so. He may have been at the Gym LURKING.

Ready2Fish, was more aptly named "Redy2Work4Saturday"

SO I got up @ 3:12AM, and was on the road by 3:30Am (Sorry SpartanNation, I was up early, for real)

The only real teaser was at the fish cleaning station in Muskegon. Guy was there, and cleaning a 2 man limit of Walleye. All 17, to 24 Inches.
    That was appealing, because its closer than Saginaw, but it was also deterring, as it was so DANG Early/Late depending on who you are.......lol

OE
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron,

I only just now saw your post which said "Everyone else, made the drive over to Saginaw". I was just referring to the fact that it seems like, anymore, all I do is walleye fish!

You can catch some nice limits of fish out of Muskegon Lake. It is not known for much of a day bite unless you target weed flats or beds, but it is an evening bite or early morning bite for sure.

Before you attempt a nice session, I recommend several hours on the lake mapping out good trolling routes so you can easily follow your trails after dark. You can use photoluminescent tape on your flags that will glow when charged with light. You can also mount light sticks. The tape is better as you can watch it dance a little bit and will see the board pull back in the water. Some guys run lights that shine on boat sides however this is a bug fest mess in my opinion.

Red light works okay but only if you are running down rods and flat lines out the back.

I have something in the works for dark situations but I am not ready to develope it yet.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Aaron,

I only just now saw your post which said "Everyone else, made the drive over to Saginaw". I was just referring to the fact that it seems like, anymore, all I do is walleye fish!

You can catch some nice limits of fish out of Muskegon Lake. It is not known for much of a day bite unless you target weed flats or beds, but it is an evening bite or early morning bite for sure.

Before you attempt a nice session, I recommend several hours on the lake mapping out good trolling routes so you can easily follow your trails after dark. You can use photoluminescent tape on your flags that will glow when charged with light. You can also mount light sticks. The tape is better as you can watch it dance a little bit and will see the board pull back in the water. Some guys run lights that shine on boat sides however this is a bug fest mess in my opinion.

Red light works okay but only if you are running down rods and flat lines out the back.

I have something in the works for dark situations but I am not ready to develope it yet.

All Good Rich,

I know a old guy who lives on Muskegon, not far from the Sand Docks. I used to work with him, until he was forced to retire. I started to drop him off Salmon once or twice a year, or when ever he wants more.
    and he gives me local info. He puts in a extra lift so I can lift my boat at his place and stay and talk to him longer.

I got a ton of information from him Saturday when I told him about Walleye. He started rattling off all sorts of stuff, locations, etc. So I have a pretty good head start on some spots, and locations to try, should I decide to stay out late, or (Gulp, Cant belive Im typing this), but get up EARLY.

He texts me regularly for info on the Lake, (Lake Mi, as he likes his Salmon a few times a year), walleye, never, but he knows about his Salmon.

He is allot like me though, when winter comes, he "Hermits" for the inside of a warm house, and a fat Becky for those extra cold nights.

Kevin & I were discussing the Tattle Flag Glow Option as well. Few ideas come to mind, Rod Blank Glow thread wrapped and sealed, or possible sanding the facing portion of the flag, and use Moonshine Lures Glow Paint, in choice of color as well.

All of which were topics of discussion, but when I fish with Kevin, we talk allot more about stuff than we remember.

OE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    Oh...how'd the camping turn out? Ya ride the bull?

Camping trip was a lot of fun and lots to do for the kiddos.

Aiden took 2nd place with a 21 second ride on the bull. Here he is doing his victory ride

Name:  IMG_9168.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  142.0 KB

Very spacious lot sizes only knock is it’s a new campground with young trees that don’t put out a lot of shade yet.

2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

That weekend went fast

Anybody go fishing?

I finally got my truck back from dealership getting a dent fixed, that was a 2 week ordeal. So I’ve been somewhat depressed that I haven’t been fishing in a while. I got a call from my buddy Derek about a destination that’s been the talk of conversations for a long time.
    AuGres is just a short drive north of Linwood , we normally launch in Linwood or gambills but wanted to do something new and different, so the plan was set , Myself and Young Skillett left my house at 3am to meet up with the other 3 guys on m46 at 330. Well that meet time was more like 440 but we pushed on through all the thick fog, deer and slow drivers, finally arriving around 730. The launch was pretty full and the fog was still very heavy, the boat ride up the channel was extra slow but once we cleared the last set of channel markers the water depth quickly dropped from 12’ to 20’ and continued to get deeper.
    With this being a new area I decided to run some meat on B.B. and a mix of flicker minnows and spoons anywhere from 13’ down to the bottom or just off bottom. I got the first hit on a #9 FM flashy purple at 55back, then number 2 quickly after I reset that. So then I told my son to start reeling those lines up and change baits, we got all the spoons and B.B. swapped out and all FM in a clear with purple or black color. Flashy ghost and flashy purple took most fish, slick smelt and purple flash took the rest, 48, 55back was the hot zone early while we still had fog cover but after the fog lifted 85, 98 back took the last 4 fish. All damage was done in 26 to 30 fow , running 2-2.2 sog.
    The other boat ran a spoon program with jet divers, most setbacks put baits between 13-16’ down, running at 2.3-2.5 sog
    We ended the day with a 5 man limit, we had lots of fun working together , KJ had a good time reeling in all those fish, he even netted some and lost one with the net but he redeemed himself and netted the last two. I can’t wait to get back up there and do it again!!!!

get in, sit down, shut up and fish

Post Thanks / Like

Found one more picture of Isla with GrampyName:  20180710_083308.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  89.0 KB
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Camping trip was a lot of fun and lots to do for the kiddos.

Aiden took 2nd place with a 21 second ride on the bull. Here he is doing his victory ride

Name:  IMG_9168.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  142.0 KB

Very spacious lot sizes only knock is it’s a new campground with young trees that don’t put out a lot of shade yet.

You went to Alice Springs?

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.