Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No wind 93degrees and They were bitting, but the fun was gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No wind 93degrees and They were bitting, but the fun was gone.

Kenny Poole and I fished together yesterday in the heat. We left the lake at 2:30, should have got out of there 1/2' earlier. Caught fish but could not get out of bed this morning. The feel like temp was 99. What started out as fun got to be a drag. PLEASE be CAREFUL out there.
    Likes Redge, scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you're out in the heat stay covered and hydrated. We wear long sleeve performance t-shirts and this year I bought us face masks to protect us from the sun. But I still got burned on top of my feet wearing sandals.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    jbird68
    Morrison, IL
    NAFC Life Member
    Likes LaCorts LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it can be good fishing but you got to drink a lot of water. I've gotten to hot before and it can happen fast. By the time you release your getting to hot it's almost to late.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old 9' patio umbrella that I put on the boat for shade.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rule of thumb is to drink a bottle of water every hour once it gets to 85 and over . We grew up playing sports with no water during practice . From day one of my coaching career we had water and Ice on the field from start to finish . We did not take breaks but you could get it when you wanted it . You will learn to not over hydrate ,trust me . Stay away from soda and Beer --------------------------while fishing .

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

104 heat index right now. Few years ago fished one of our fruit jars in this kind of heat. Took me about 1 1/2 to get where I could leave Enid. By the time I got up 55 to hernando about 45 miles I was cramped up so bad couldn’t steer truck. Had to pull over and sit under truck a/c and drink gator aid for about 30 minutes before I could drive on home. Took about a week to recover and was a lot younger then. Don’t play in this heat anymore, I don’t care how good they are biting.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes broharrell, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing buddy and I fished Lochloosa today. Calm, no breeze, stifling heat. Had to quit early and come home. Only caught a few Lochloosa runts anyway, so not great loss.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the excessive heat you are enduring. We just got through with a 7 day heat wave up here in the northeast as well, so I know what you are experiencing. Fortunately, my dear Dad gave me some sage advice; "you've gotta know your limitations"! These days, being an old guy, I know I can't do what I use to. Walt & I rarely venture forth on days with the temp climbing over the 90 degree mark. Life is just too short. Wish you all the best for moderating temperatures.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the heat messing up your fishing trip. I very seldom fish during the summer and if I do I go early and come home early. To old to fight this heat.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked 150 bale of hay up out of the field and put in the barn.....talk about HOT
    I don't even own a horse but the fiance has 4......the things we do for our women, all I know is she better not fuss when I want something new for the boat!!! lol
    Likes BarryG LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast