HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

I know the feeling. I've had so many things happen when trying to be "The nice guy". I have now refused to loan any tools to people. They just don't treat things like I do and are not willing to pay for it when it is damaged due to their lack of knowledge with how to use them.

I've used the EGO2 sliders for several years and really like the extra long one. The only issue I have had with them is that the handles always come loose from the hoop. I have however found a remedy. Unscrew the handle and wrap the threads with black electrical tape. Similar to how you would wrap plumbing fixtures with teflon tape. If memory servers me, one pass down and one pass up the threads. Screw it back in. It will be tight but shouldn't bind the tape. If it does, take a wrap off. It will get nice and tight and the handle will no longer be prone to losening.

Heck, just cause of how nice you are, I would have sent you a net to replace it! That is how nice I am.

When you want to head north to fish Walleye?
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a ego net that has more spider web than rubber net web.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post

When you want to head north to fish Walleye?
    Got to get Crankfest and some booked dates out of the way before I get serious. Don't let your guard down. We will make it happen. I doubt I'll get out of KY without Rickie in tow.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

A encouraging poem from Mother Teresa,,,

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, peoplemay accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithfulfriends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spendyears creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may bejealous. Be happy anyway. The good youdo today, will often be forgotten. Dogood anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis,it is between you and God. It was neverbetween you and them anyway.
    "Die before you die, there is no chance after" CS Lewis
    Likes "G", scrat, EWS, Redge, Boa3, sweathermon LIKED above post
    Thanks M R Dux thanked you for this post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigloser View Post
    A encouraging poem from Mother Teresa,,,

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, peoplemay accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithfulfriends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spendyears creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may bejealous. Be happy anyway. The good youdo today, will often be forgotten. Dogood anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis,it is between you and God. It was neverbetween you and them anyway.
    Exactly right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Got to get Crankfest and some booked dates out of the way before I get serious. Don't let your guard down. We will make it happen. I doubt I'll get out of KY without Rickie in tow.
    You gotta let me know when Crankfest is. I might have to make a "guest appearance"! Maybe bring some goodies and do an Off Shore Planer board demonstration.

I don't know, Rickie might bring some tools and try and make some "modifications" to the boat!!!!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

August 9-12 is when we will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    August 9-12 is when we will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Of course it would be that weekend!

Where is it going to be located? At this point in time I have to make a decision anyway. There is a tournament I would like to fish on the 10th and 11th which would mean I would need to be gone from the 4th or 5th through the 11th. Then, it would be a 7 hour drive home, rest on Sunday, and then make a trip to TN for 5 days. OR, I don't go to the tournament, work for a few days, and head to crankfest before continuing on to Nashville. I wonder if they will valet park my truck and boat at the resort I am going to???? The resort is work related and NOT something I really want to attend. Decisions, decisions.
    Likes Woodworker42 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on down for the crankfest. I will be at campsite 13 at Cosser State park....Enid Lake. Look for the Team Geezer Banner
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Of course it would be that weekend!

Where is it going to be located? At this point in time I have to make a decision anyway. There is a tournament I would like to fish on the 10th and 11th which would mean I would need to be gone from the 4th or 5th through the 11th. Then, it would be a 7 hour drive home, rest on Sunday, and then make a trip to TN for 5 days. OR, I don't go to the tournament, work for a few days, and head to crankfest before continuing on to Nashville. I wonder if they will valet park my truck and boat at the resort I am going to???? The resort is work related and NOT something I really want to attend. Decisions, decisions.
    Rich,
    Give me a call.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast