Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota® New Toy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota® New Toy!

Minn Kota® Launches New Trolling Motors with Built-In MEGA Down Imaging™

http://anglerschannel.com/minn-kota-...-down-imaging/

RACINE, Wis., July 9, 2018 – Minn Kota®, the leader in trolling motor innovation, will debut Built-In MEGA Down Imaging™ in its trolling motors at the American Sportfishing Association’s International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades (ICAST).
    For the first time, anglers will have the option to select a Minn Kota Ulterra™, Terrova®, Ultrex™ or Fortrex® trolling motor with Built-In MEGA Down Imaging sonar. The Humminbird® MEGA Down Imaging transducer will now be integrated into the trolling motor to provide a clean set up at the bow for anglers. Humminbird’s ultra-clear MEGA Imaging™ is the first Down Imaging technology to enter the megahertz range with performance that’s nearly three times greater than traditional 455 kHz frequencies. It results in the clearest, sharpest on-screen images ever seen.

Attachment 309872

Attachment 309873
    Likes "G", ad1974, stormcloud LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing detail! Looks like you'll have 'em surrounded now!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Great but a little late for me. I threw the US2 away after trying it and mounted my Mega everything transducer on the Ulterra foot. Works great and I have all the functions of my Helix 10,as well.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

MSRP?

Post Thanks / Like

Bet I can buy a lot of rods for the price they want for the new toy they come out with.

Post Thanks / Like

Ain’t nothing free. Kind of odd for a company to announce that and it not be available until the fall. I would think that for those who are looking to get a Minn Kota right now would put their purchase on hold until the fall if they are using an HB Mega product.....meaning sales of iPilot just stopped. I know if my Ulterra goes down....while it still works it has some issues that I know one day it will just stop.....I would have immediately ordered a new Minn Kota replacement, maybe a Terrova this time....not now though. Since I have a Helix Mega I would wait until fall and the new model comes out.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they could have packed the side imaging in the unit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    I wish they could have packed the side imaging in the unit
    They would never pack the current type of the SI into a trolling motor because of the swivel turning motion, it would show distortion and inaccurate information as far as "Left" - "Right" when the unit is turned 90 degrees. Even though a lot of people position their transducers this way and know to compensate for the readings the company could never do it themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no issue with my Mega transducer mounted on my Ulterra. Of course I hold the TM steady and straight while looking at my Helix 10. Could not do without my DI and SI.

Post Thanks / Like

No way I could get rid of SI on the front. Its way too handy being able to see around the front when locating a pile and not risking going over it.