Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand of riding mower choice

Post Thanks / Like

love my scag

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverc View Post
    I have a Husqvarna TS 354D lawn tractor with a 54" fabricated deck,25hp Kohler engine with a K66 transmission.Happy with it so far,powerful engine going through tall grass.
    Is that K66 the one with diff loc on it?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

11 year old 48” husqvarna has done fine with seasonal oil changes and filters. Mow as well as mulch leaves. Keep getting told that I didn’t choose wisely “it’s not a real mower”. Ok, suits me, never was much into name dropping. It’s kind of a Ford and Chevrolet argument, most are too proud of their own purchase to look at it objectively. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a John Deere LX176 ran it for 20 yrs just spidles and blade then the transaxle went but Im 390# and mowing some good size hills it got where it wont pull me up a hill but will on flat so I found another 176 to mow with and I got a JD 445 WITH HYDRAULICS I do other thingS with so I will stay with JD

Post Thanks / Like

Scag Tiger Cat 61 in. 27 hp, excellent cut wet/dry grass as long as you keep blades sharp.
    I mow grass at work with a 61 Scag Cheetah 35 hp and mow 52 acres in 22 hrs or less every week by myself.

I've put almost 800 hrs on the Cheetah in 2.5 yrs and other then Kohler having to replace long block due to a ring seating issue under warranty no other problems, fuel injected and get a lot of mowing done on one tank of gas.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s not 100% accurate, if it says John Deere on it, it is made by John Deere. The ones sold at the box stores are the same machine sold at a John Deere dealership. They are the lowest price series John Deere produces. If you want one that will last 20 years or more you must move up to the premium models, They are only sold by dealers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Is that K66 the one with diff loc on it?
    Yes,like it when mowing ditch and hill good traction.Later will get the sleeve hitch with box blade for light yard work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    I've got a 24 hp 54" Craftsman and absolutely love it. Made by Husqvarna I'm told. I mow about 3/4 acre every 5 days or so.
    My dad is a sucker for Craftsman mowers. I'm 48 years old and he's had two or three of them in the barn for as long as I can remember......all in working order with sharp blades. He'll run one and mow with it, then next week it's another one's turn. There have been times when Dad, my son, and I have all been mowing at the same time. If one starts smoking and using oil, it goes away in the next yard sale and it's not long until another shows up. My uncle is a part-time auctioneer and he calls every time he gets a good Craftsman. I'll bet Dad has owned 10 of them. I don't think he's ever bought one brand new.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverc View Post
    Yes,like it when mowing ditch and hill good traction.Later will get the sleeve hitch with box blade for light yard work.
    Thanks, that's what I need.2 steep ditches and 5 steep banks to mow. Thought when I read about it that it would be nice to have.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 54" Husky, gave it to the ex-wife in the divorce, she seems to like it.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast